The Art of Brushless Motor Maintenance

Reaction score
OK, so for all of us NOOBs out there (myself included) what are the procedures and products to people suggest using to maintain the brushless motors on the Phantom? I've seen lots of tips and "how to" on the net, but it's mostly for RC car motors. I am hoping we could compile a "how to" for the Phantom specifically.

Check these threads:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=399

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=182&start=10

Clean and lube. If you fly in the area when you take off/landing the road dust may come in contact with the motors, you will definitely need to clean. Use the rc motor spray that is plastic safe (most of them are).
Lubricate BOTH bearing every 10 flights or so and to make it easier for the bottom bearing, you may want to drill a hole for each motor like I did in the thread above.
On any hard landing or crash, check all motors, especially if the shafts bend ( remove the prop, put the cone nut on and spin to see if the tip of the nut wobbles).
Last but not least, right after the landing, make a habit of feeling all motors with your hand to see if any is different than the rest. If so check that motor thoroughly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl