The $399.99 Dollar Question?

Reaction score
Hello P4P “Drivers”....I’m a Newbie and trying to learn, so any feedback is greatly appreciated! I’m just starting out and came across a couple of Websites that were advertising the Phantom 4P+2.0 “Refurbished” aircraft including the 5.5” screened remote...The one shown below for $439.99, and another one for $399.99! Obviously there is a reason why the price is so low and figured someone here would know. Failures out of the box and refurbished aircraft don’t bother me, but this sounds like the aircraft had a bunch of issues initially that are still trying to get resolved.

While I don’t think it is necessarily a “Scam”, I also don’t want to purchase another set of Problems. Here is an excerpt of the details provided by the websites....I really don’t know what to think of it! I look forward to hearing from y’all soon!…
28767486-60E3-4EDF-9E49-A3AB690DB288.jpeg
28767486-60E3-4EDF-9E49-A3AB690DB288.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Capt KO
Yeh there was a post recent of someone who brought display model only to find out the remote was empty and it had motors only on shell with no insides ,,trying to find it so be careful of cheap ones

The one shown below for $439.99, and another one for $399.99! Obviously there is a reason why the price is so low and figured someone here would know.
There's a reason and the reason is obvious.
While I don’t think it is necessarily a “Scam”, ..... I really don’t know what to think of it!
Think some more
<<hint>> no-one sells a P4 pro for 21% of what they sell for normally.
Think of a word that starts with S and ends with cam.

While I don’t think it is necessarily a “Scam”
I do... don't fall for it.

Otherwise, I have a brand new Mercedes-Benz I'll sell you for $10,000... should I PM you my address so you can mail me the cash? ;)

Thanks for the feedback...Y’all are right,... I’ve found a couple of P3P’s on the market that look nice and legit and a Refurbished offered by DJI (which is what I think I’m gonna do)....I feel like I have been the caller from “The Mr. Obvious Show”(Bob & Tom)....so...”Thanks Mr. Obvious...You’re a Life Saver”!....Thanks Again Guys!

Got caught in the same scam with a different product this year. It just looked so legit that I fell for it. Took a while to get my money back from Visa and to shut down the site. Don't make the same mistake. I see you've already made that decision. Good luck on your next purchase.

Hello P4P “Drivers”....I’m a Newbie and trying to learn, so any feedback is greatly appreciated! I’m just starting out and came across a couple of Websites that were advertising the Phantom 4P+2.0 “Refurbished” aircraft including the 5.5” screened remote...The one shown below for $439.99, and another one for $399.99! Obviously there is a reason why the price is so low and figured someone here would know. Failures out of the box and refurbished aircraft don’t bother me, but this sounds like the aircraft had a bunch of issues initially that are still trying to get resolved.

While I don’t think it is necessarily a “Scam”, I also don’t want to purchase another set of Problems. Here is an excerpt of the details provided by the websites....I really don’t know what to think of it! I look forward to hearing from y’all soon!…View attachment 117879View attachment 117879
??

While I don’t think it is necessarily a “Scam”, I also don’t want to purchase another set of Problems. Here is an excerpt of the details provided by the websites....I really don’t know what to think of it! I look forward to hearing from y’all soon!…View attachment 117879View attachment 117879

100 % scam. With that price you can’t find even a used p3p.

I am a bit curious as to where it was listed. Payments with Paypal are somewhat secure, but I have heard that they can be scammed. Charge cards, however, invariably give your money back (or try to) if the transaction is done in the USA.

Just out of curiosity, I'd look real close at where the seller is located. Every now and then, superb deals come along, but if they stink, they usually turn out to be skunks.

Excellent drone , I have two of them , I still use them and imagine I have also the p4p v2.0
They really are great quads. The P4P is a great drone, fantastic actually. I don't fly mine that much as of right now, might as well give someone else a shot at flying a Phantom. Truly an amazing series of crafts.

Reactions: gppms
They really are great quads. The P4P is a great drone, fantastic actually. I don't fly mine that much as of right now, might as well give someone else a shot at flying a Phantom. Truly an amazing series of crafts.

I totally agree with you.

Reactions: itechnology

When something seems to be Too Good To Be True - it usually is....

You have got to be kidding me!!

dont do it , I did and still trying to get my money back from paypal, they will not respond at all, the site should be removed!!!

Yeh there was a post recent of someone who brought display model only to find out the remote was empty and it had motors only on shell with no insides ,,trying to find it so be careful of cheap ones
That was probably my post. It got removed because I'm a new member and didn't have more than ten posts. Was not a big deal and I din't think it was worth continuing with another thread. At the time I bought it they were advertising that they had 20 of them so there are definitely a few out there. They would be indistinguishable from the real thing in pictures other than there is no charger. Another thing to mention is that the company contacted me twice last week asking about what I found inside so there is definitely interest in them. Buyer beware.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj