Thankfully the dread is gone.

Reaction score
Last summer when I was flying my P2, I started every flight looking at my bird and thinking, is this the last time we will be together? There were so many bad stories on the forums of fly a ways, crashes and the like. I always worried about losing it, till I finally did. It sank into a lake in the mountains of Colorado. Amazingly I got it back, which still holds the record of the longest RTH of 1,000 miles
http://www.skyhidailynews.com/news/13070067-113/drone-lake-grand-hovany

With the P3, I have so much faith in this quad, as it has never done anything wrong. It responds perfectly to everything the remote tells it to do. I have done RTH many, many times and it has been perfect everytime. I trust it 100% to always come back to me. There are so many additional fail safes at startup, that I don't worry that I forgot something. Really loving this bird.

So glad to hear you got her back. In the article I saw you placed a reward sticker on the drone. Where did you obtain this tag, and how is it attached? At present I have a reward txt file on the SD card, but would like to have something more visible for those that don't understand what to do with an SD card.

I'd hate to have a reward phone number on it after falling out of the sky into 'enemy territory'

Reactions: Ari
I'd hate to have a reward phone number on it after falling out of the sky into 'enemy territory'

For people who are nervous about using their real phone number in the event their Phantom crashes in a less than desirable way or location I suggest this. Use a Texting app such as Pinger (Formerly called TextFree) or Text Now. They give you an actual phone number for free with the app. They can even receive calls at no charge to you.

Reactions: jcknows0
I thought you were talking about this guy when I read the Header...

papoa.jpg
AbsPapa

smily.jpg

Reactions: ELHEAPO and snerd
George,
"Oh, what a Lucky Man you are!!" And you already know this, I would think.
How did you reward the paddle boarder for returning your 'precious'?
I suppose he dove down and retrieved it for you, risking his life and limb.
I hope he was as happy as you must have been, to get it back.
So, does it still fly, or was it water logged and ruined? The good news would be that you were able to dry it in rice and happily fly another day. Inquiring minds must know. ;-)
A good story with a happy ending makes me smile for you.

RedHotPoker

I like the "less than desirable way" better than my "enemy territory" usage... much more 'PC'. ;)

Some areas I know that I would just walk away if it occurred... unless there was an injury involved of course, or it was seen as a littering issue?

For people who are nervous about using their real phone number in the event their Phantom crashes in a less than desirable way or location I suggest this. Use a Texting app such as Pinger (Formerly called TextFree) or Text Now. They give you an actual phone number for free with the app. They can even receive calls at no charge to you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31