Thank you. May I please have another?

Reaction score
It's the nube again. Trying to find a cable that will connect directly from the Phantom 3 4K controller's USB connector (micro B ?) to my iOS device. Am using an older iPad and a newer iPhone so would need two cables - one each for the different iOS style connectors on the other end (lightning and original). Prefer to have a cable direct connection without going through an external adapter.

Thanks...

It's the nube again. Trying to find a cable that will connect directly from the Phantom 3 4K controller's USB connector (micro B ?) to my iOS device. Am using an older iPad and a newer iPhone so would need two cables - one each for the different iOS style connectors on the other end (lightning and original). Prefer to have a cable direct connection without going through an external adapter.

Thanks...

Even if you find the cable that fits you will not be able to utilize the way you intend to - the app simply doesn't support it. It is limited to wifi communication by design.

Thanks...
Yes, what are you trying to do?

I've been using wifi for controller iOS connectivity but from what I've seen in the manual you can achieve this connectivity via a USB cable also (see attachment). What might I be missing here?

Attachments

• Phantom USB.pdf
    259 KB · Views: 269
I know the Adv and Pro hookup that way, and they don't hook up via WiFi. I looked at the 4K manual just now. It said the Micro-USB connection was reserved. Somebody else should give you the correct answer. But I still think it is only going to work via WiFi.
Rod

Reactions: dirkclod
I had read somewhere on this internet thing that the 4K, Adv, and Pro controllers were the same (they certainly look the same). They are not and I am now knowing. Thanks for the clarification and sorry for the obtuseness.
Roy

I had read somewhere on this internet thing that the 4K, Adv, and Pro controllers were the same (they certainly look the same). They are not and I am now knowing. Thanks for the clarification and sorry for the obtuseness.
Roy
Obtuseness?
I will have to look that one up, above my reading skills.:)
I will look for help to confirm what is the diff between the remotes.
Rod

It appears that you cannot connect that way, I learned a lot about the 4k on your question, when I saw how different the remote was from mine and this picture that I came across, if the link works.
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom3-4k/remote-controller#sub-feature,
Made me dig deeper, just to make sure you were getting the correct info. :)

You have a P3 Standard? The bottom photo in the link shows a USB tether from a 4K controller to the iOS device. Maybe DJI is incorrectly re-using P3 Adv/Pro photos on the 4K page?

Flatwoods you can't do what your wanting to wit a
You have a P3 Standard? The bottom photo in the link shows a USB tether from a 4K controller to the iOS device. Maybe DJI is incorrectly re-using P3 Adv/Pro photos on the 4K page?
They did . Top picture in Rods link is correct but bottom one is a Pro/Adv

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers