Thailand affordable drone map data?

Reaction score
Going to Phuket, Thailand in July.
Need help on getting cheap data for drone maps. Local sim cards?
I go 3 or 4 times a year and have been paying Au $5 a day for roaming data with my
Australian Phone Service provider. I have changed my Service provider to get map coverage in WA outback, big difference. But they charge $10 a day for roaming outside Australia.
For about 20 days that is $200! Almost a week for my hotel!
Is there a local Thai deal sim card I can get as a replacement and just turn my roaming on every 4 days or so?
I am sure the Thais use much cheaper deals for sim cards that will provide me good map coverage all over the island, including mountains.
Anyone had experience to help me out. I know there are new regulations for flying. I just stay out of the way of people. Ridiculously difficult, if not impossible, to complete all the requirements.

Thanks for that Meta4. Recently the Thai government have implemented a very, very fast wifi all along the tourist areas of Phuket. I get downloads of 400 Mbps I have never seen internet speeds like that. However as I indicated I cant take off from most of these areas because they are heavily populated by people including "men, policemen."
I go up mountains where there is no wifi just satellites. I may have to accept the high cost of data roaming. But if any one who does live in or go to Phuket a lot and know of an affordable and good coverage plan, please let me know.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31