TFR Over Houston area

Reaction score
There is a TFR active until Sep 5. I presume this means NO FLY until Sep 5 if you are in this area. Correct?

Absolutely NO Flying unless you have specific authorization by the agency who enacted the TFR.

Welcome to the forum :)

Also I wouldn't be surprised if it gets extended depending on emergency efforts at that time.

Reactions: BigAl07
Sure is a lot of drone footage floating around on the news channels with a TFR in place. Last night channel KTRK 13 had a reporter in a R22 getting some shaky footage of the flooding. Funny thing was she said they couldn't get any closer with the restrictions. However the city buildings were only a 2-3 miles away so I'm pretty sure they were WAY in the TFR.

It will be interesting to see if the news stations get hit with FAA fines, either for flying their own drones or for purchasing drone footage from hobbyists.

The ABC news station in Houston has their chopper in the air right now. Said they are a mile from Hobby airport. So clearly in the TFR. Not sure how that works.

Thanks!!! Just but my first Drone Phantom 4 Pro. I am a former private instrument rated pilot. This will still give me the wings!

Much to learn!
Welcome to the PhantomPilots family! Fly safe!

FAA is evaluating the possibility of opening up the restrictions on drone use over Houston to permit infrastructure inspections. No other details available but stay tuned. The FAA appears to be under the gun for being too restrictive in the use of a viable tool during natural disasters...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan