Where are the TFR notices?

Reaction score
I need to fly today on the southside of Chicago to scout a job. And I know it’s not a problem where I’m going to be shooting because the opening day for a White Sox is next week, but today is the opening day for the Cubs on the north side of Chicago and I do not see the red zone around Cubs stadium.

And since the Sox opener is next Tuesday they’re out to be a zone around Sox stadium that you could tap on and it would tell you the date and times of the TFR.

Not only that but I have looked on the FAA- TFR site and DJI’s fly safe website and none of them are showing the TFR zones for these baseball games. It’s a little perplexing. Anybody have an idea why they are not showing up in any of the websites or my software?

I need to fly today on the southside of Chicago to scout a job. And I know it’s not a problem where I’m going to be shooting because the opening day for a White Sox is next week, but today is the opening day for the Cubs on the north side of Chicago and I do not see the red zone around Cubs stadium.

And since the Sox opener is next Tuesday they’re out to be a zone around Sox stadium that you could tap on and it would tell you the date and times of the TFR.

Not only that but I have looked on the FAA- TFR site and DJI’s fly safe website and none of them are showing the TFR zones for these baseball games. It’s a little perplexing. Anybody have an idea why they are not showing up in any of the websites or my software?

Skyvector.com is showing today's Cubs game. Might be to early for the Sox game TFR to post.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 91
Skyvector.com is showing today's Cubs game. Might be to early for the Sox game TFR to post.
Appreciate that MM.
Haven't used Skyvector in a while. Have to fire it up. But it is really puzzling why DJI Go4 isn't showing anything - even for the Cubs game which is going on now. I came back from the south side & went to Montrose Harbor - which usually is within the TFR zone for Cubs games and in Go there was no red zone at all. Even within a few blocks of the stadium. I flew out over the lake and all around the harbor. Did not see anything at all in Go to stop me.

As you see- this is from my phone just now, it shows a "Warning Zone" like it always does on a normal non-game day. Not a thing about the TFR.
Luckily being the Professional Part 107 Pilot that I am, I would never try to fly here.... :)
IMG_BF8051FCD0F4-1.jpeg

Could it be your "Fly Safe Database(s)" are too far out of date?

Are you looking for the TFR's in DJI GO 4 under GEO ZONES?. If not, on the title page, click the three bars at the top right.

Are you looking for the TFR's in DJI GO 4 under GEO ZONES?. If not, on the title page, click the three bars at the top right.
Actually I was talking about the screen in view when we fly - the active map. But either way, the TFR red zones are not showing up for me. Either on my phone or iPad. In the past, anytime there was a TFR - even several days ahead of time- there would be a big 3 mile radius red zone that if you tap within it a list of current and upcoming TFR's shows up in a pop up telling the date and time of the TFR.
And when the TFR is in effect you can't even start your motors if you are inside it.
And now - there will be the White Sox opening day game on Tuesday and still not TFR warning for that area.
I have something I want to fly in the morning in that area, but without the info on when its legal I am leery of flying there.
Chicago cops are not - on the whole- drone friendly even when there's no public event happening.

OK, May have found something on uavforecast.com. Looks like the TFR is # 7/4312. and if I read this correctly it begins Tuesday 4/12 at 15:15 CDT. - Which is 3:15pm CST right? But I believe that's game time. So doesn't seem correct. I' think the TFR has to start earlier as people will be filling the stadium a couple hours before game time
But am having a frustrating time finding where I can search for upcoming TFR's. And finding this particular TFR on any of the FAA sites.
Anyone have a link for where I can search for a NOTAM by number or upcoming date and location? It should be easier than this.....
IMG_7121BE6F2F31-1.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok then. I am still baffled that the only place I could find evidence of the TFR fir 3 consecutive days at Guaranteed Rate field - 4/12,13 &14- was on UAVforcast.com.
Even on tfr.gov the last TFR shown was 2/28/22.
On DJIGO4 there absolutely should be a huge red zone that shows the dates/times of the TFR.
Am I the only one experiencing this?

Also - still asking- is there a way to search for a NOTAM by its number? As shown in above screenshot, the NOTAM number is 7/4319.
I’ve not find a way to look that up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl