Testing cheap dual OS tablet as FPV

Reaction score
I ordered the Chuwi Vi8.
That's an €100,- 8" inch dual OS tablet (Windows 8.1 & Android). I wanna use it as FPV tablet with my P3P. It haves also an HDMI-output option.
I will keep you guys posted when the tablet arrives. Maybe another good and cheap solution for FPV.

There are several reviews, including this one about the tablet.
A1_CEMACWCVI8D.images.400x400.jpg

Last edited:
Update: Got the tablet today. Works really smooth with no bugs or lag (Android 4.4 with Pilot App 1.1.0). Great tablet! Really recommended! :D

Update: Got the tablet today. Works really smooth with no bugs or lag (Android 4.4 with Pilot App 1.1.0). Great tablet! Really recommended! :D
Seriously! A tablet that works good for about $100! Nice! Anything you don't like about it? Have you tried the windows side yet?

Yes. Shipped with DHL (Express Delivery), but have not a nice suprise because DHL add local taxes and custom border values. So that adds 40,- extra for me. So my advice: ship with low cost to avoid added taxes etc.

X98 air is great 2! All chinese tablet with a descent Intel processor and 2GB RAM wil do the job :)

I purchased a $40 droid tab from PC Richards. It was crap. Resolution was horrible and the tab itself was laggy.

I tested it in direct sunlight, similar to my nexus 5, So not bad at all, but a sun shade would make it even better.

Wow very nice. Dual OS and HDMI output for that price, thanks for recommending this, I'll probably buy it.

Its now at 87.99$ during 4 days, this is a great price for a 2GB ram, 32GB dual OS tablet: http://j.mp/1djvWL7

@nikon does the tablet has brightness to be used in sun light? Can you show us how fast it is? Seems a great deal.

Brightness can be compared with the LG (Google) Nexus 5, so its average but good with a sun shade. I buyed it from Banggood too. Very good service and shipping. They send the tablet in their own box instead of the factory box. So it's better protected from falling / delivery shocks etc.
It's really a great deal. I will post some images later this week :).

Brightness can be compared with the LG (Google) Nexus 5, so its average but good with a sun shade. I buyed it from Banggood too. Very good service and shipping. They send the tablet in their own box instead of the factory box. So it's better protected from falling / delivery shocks etc.
It's really a great deal. I will post some images later this week :).
Thanks again nikon , really for the price we can't get anything better.

I'd be so afraid to do anything on a tablet that cheap. Isn't the license for Windows 8.1 alone more expensive than that tablet? I'd be concerned about non-licensed versions of Windows/Android/Play Store etc. that are all hacked with malware out of the box. Just sayin'...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic