Cheap tablet with hdmi output for FPV goggles

Reaction score
Can someone please suggest a cheap tablet preferably around $100 with hdmi output to use with the P3A. I am getting Eachine Goggles One 5 Inches 5.8G 40CH Raceband HD 1080p HDMI FPV Goggles Video Glasses. Thanks

There's a relatively inexpensive tablet called Dragon's Touch M8. Find it in ebay and has GPS and an HDMI out for about $80.

Why not buy the HDMI module for the controller instead? It's $94 at B&H. I guess if you already have to buy a tablet, go for the Shield k1.

Why not buy the HDMI module for the controller instead? .
Agreed. That way you can connect your HDMI output module to any HDMI device, while still having USB output to your tablet.

I don't know of one for $100, but for around $199 the Nvidia K1 does very well for many of us and does have the HDMI output.
So with the NVidia with its own hdmi output, you don't need to get the DJI optional HDMI accessory?

So with the NVidia with its own hdmi output, you don't need to get the DJI optional HDMI accessory?
I don't understand where the NVidia would get its HDMI input from, if not from the HDMI output module?

I don't understand where the NVidia would get its HDMI input from, if not from the HDMI output module?
The Shield plugs into the R/C USB and has a mini HDMI output.
image.jpeg

Reactions: boyan and dirkclod
The HDMI on the shield mirrors the tablet screen, it's the equivalent of having an external monitor for a laptop.

It won't be the same as using the HDMI module, because the TV will show the DJI interface. From what I've seen in videos, using the HDMI module only outputs the video feed.

Reactions: dirkclod
That still doesn't explain where the shield is getting its HDMI input from. Surely the USB output from the R/C is not HDMI quality?
It gets the HDMI video from the GPU in the tablet. The same video that travels over the USB cable is processed by the gpu and sent to the tablet screen. The shield simply has hdmi built into the GPU.

That still doesn't explain where the shield is getting its HDMI input from. Surely the USB output from the R/C is not HDMI quality?
Also, HDMI doesnt specify quality or resolution. You can send bad video over HDMI just like any other video cable. Anyone who has a basic transport adapter for cable knows bad quality video comes over HDMI.
The video quality you get from the hdmi module and through your tablet will be identical, its limited by the throughput of the lightbridge connection.

The HDMI output simply mirrors the image on the tablet. I like the full telemetry off the tablet instead of the limited one off the optional R/C HDMI board.

Reactions: dirkclod
So in essence you could plug the tablet into say the Mavic USB in the middle of the controller and use the hdmi output to which ever goggles you use like fat shark???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers