Terrible Range / Breaking up

Reaction score
Hello All

after no problems with my 3 Pro I am finding the transmission range on my 4 Pro utter rubbish......same iPad being used in same locations....its rubbish.......not improved much by range extending cups either.

its been like it since first flight a few months back - whatever updates have come along have not improved things at all.

any advice greatly received - thanks

Dan

Sorry to hear. Can you give us more information about your flying location (hills, trees, buildings, wide open, etc) so we can help? Also, on what frequency are you set (5.8 or 4.5 - auto or not)? And lastly, when you say "rubbish" do you mean you get reception for only a couple hundred yards or only 2/3 miles?

Hi and thanks for your response - I'm on my third DJI - 2, 3pro and now 4 pro - used in same area/conditions and the 4 pro is really quite bad - partial break up usually within 2-300 metres...have tried 2.4 and 5.8 without success - am using antenna mounted signal 'extenders' which have made a very small difference.......I have had enough experience to hopefully rule out the obvious but this has stumped me........its especially frustrating as it completely ruins some of my filming efforts due to drop out preventing continuous smooth transitions, pans etc

Thanks again

Dan

Hi and thanks for your response - I'm on my third DJI - 2, 3pro and now 4 pro - used in same area/conditions and the 4 pro is really quite bad - partial break up usually within 2-300 metres...have tried 2.4 and 5.8 without success - am using antenna mounted signal 'extenders' which have made a very small difference.......I have had enough experience to hopefully rule out the obvious but this has stumped me........its especially frustrating as it completely ruins some of my filming efforts due to drop out preventing continuous smooth transitions, pans etc

Thanks again

Dan
It sounds like you may be in the UK (using the word rubbish). If yes, that means you're using CE compliance, which has RF less power than FCC mode. There are ways around CE, but that's another story.

Try flying on 5.8Ghz AUTO and see how that helps. I find it's much better. With FCC compliance I can get over 4mi range, even in town.

ha ha we do like that word.....thanks John - yes UK for sure. will try the 'way around' but none of these things explains why the 4 pro should be so different to my previous models.....this is what really wrankles......newer, more expensive...and yet a step backwards.

Best

Dan

I'm also on my 3rd Phantom, 2 P3As and a P4P, but love my P4P. Range is improved over the P3A by a considerable margin. The camera goes without saying. While I managed to go about 3 miles with the P3 I have gone past 4 miles with the P4P. I hope you can figure out how to rectify your range issues.
Best of luck.

My p4pro is the same...UK here...**** compared with my p3pro...and I've tried both bands.
Surely someone on here from the UK is pulling good distances?

Hello All

after no problems with my 3 Pro I am finding the transmission range on my 4 Pro utter rubbish......same iPad being used in same locations....its rubbish.......not improved much by range extending cups either.

its been like it since first flight a few months back - whatever updates have come along have not improved things at all.

any advice greatly received - thanks

Dan
Not sure if this helps and you may have already tried it, make sure the firmware for the controller and the unit are up to date and not conflicting. Sometimes when I have updated the firmware in the Phantom and not the controller, I've had glitchy video feed

Range of what. Flying? Or your video feed is crap. Which is it? Changing frequencies is for the video. Are you using go 4 now? Go 4 kills processors. What tablet are you using?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4