No range - Aircraft Disconnected - No Video Transmission

Reaction score
Hey guys. I picked up a used P4 Pro a few weeks back. When I did my first flight it was obvious that it had some issues but fortunately I was able to send it to DJI under the refresh plan. I got the new unit yesterday and I'm having terrible range problems. Everything works fine when it's on the ground but by the time its across the street and is about roof high the aircraft disconnects and looses video transmission then does a RTH. I've tried a different USB cable, played with antenna orientation, tried both 5.8 and 2.4 and made sure all the devices had the latest firmware/software updates. Any suggestions? I had a P3 prior to this and had zero issues. Could the remote itself be an issue?

Hey guys. I picked up a used P4 Pro a few weeks back. When I did my first flight it was obvious that it had some issues but fortunately I was able to send it to DJI under the refresh plan. I got the new unit yesterday and I'm having terrible range problems. Everything works fine when it's on the ground but by the time its across the street and is about roof high the aircraft disconnects and looses video transmission then does a RTH. I've tried a different USB cable, played with antenna orientation, tried both 5.8 and 2.4 and made sure all the devices had the latest firmware/software updates. Any suggestions? I had a P3 prior to this and had zero issues. Could the remote itself be an issue?
This doesn't sound encouraging! Flight log may have a clue. You can upload your file here. DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help

Follow the instructions then post a link back here.

Depends, if you bought it private 2nd hands you don’t can send it to dji for service without costs. Then you can try to open the rc to see if the antennaplugs are connected to the mainboard. You wouldn’t be the first one where the plugs are not well suited. So first try that if you don’t want or can’t send it to dji service center.
When i installed an Argtek set i found the plugs inside te rc not well connected. They where glued, so it looked like it was oké. After placing the Argtek, with the new antenna plugs connected the right way and glued again, the distance for flying increased at least 500%.

Quality controle DJI s..cks.

Last edited:
Thanks. Looks like there’s plenty of how to videos out there on antenna replacements so I’ll open it up and take a look. I guess worst case is a DJI repair, looks to be $69 plus parts...not bad.

Turned out that one of the antenna wires was disconnected inside the rc, everything works as it should now. Thanks for the help!

Reactions: LarBear360

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie