Lousy Range on my Phantom 4 Pro Plus

Reaction score
Just got a P4P+. Already have a Mavic Pro which I love. However I am having serious transmission range issues with my new acquisition. Video feed breaks up about a thousand feet out, followed by RC signal warnings. Transmission signal warning always, too. Don't trust flying it.

Talked with DJI support but no help from there. Flying in the same locale as my Mavic and am not having any problems with the Mavic at all, or with my Yuneec Typhoon H, either for that matter. Just the new P4P+. The P4P+ display constantly warns "Strong interference," too, for no reason. Switched frequencies, updated firmware, but nothing is helping.

Could I just have a bad unit or am I missing something? Thanks..

The P4P+ display constantly warns "Strong interference," too, for no reason. Switched frequencies, updated firmware, but nothing is helping.

Android or IOS and what device for the app?

I get 'strong interference' warnings on 2.4GHZ on thr NVidia Shield (not on a Samsung Tab A) no matter where I fly since V4.05 of the app - DJI told me it was a bug they were aware of and a fix was likely - they don't impact range and if I switch back to an earlier version of the app they just disappear so I just ignore them :)

Last edited:
I got the Phantom 4 Pro Plus package, which comes with its own dedicated controller with a built-in 5.5" screen, Android based. It doesn't use a phone link. I can't understand it. My Mavic has zero problems with range. But when I fly my Phantom in the same area, my transmission is the pits. I've tried everything I know of. Hate to send it back but unless I find a solution that's what's going to happen. Thanks for your feedback. This one has me baffled.

Hey CC Rider. What can you tell us about the location you're flying from? Also, does moving locations help?

Sorry. Out of touch for awhile.

I'm flying in coastal Delaware, not near any NFZs or interference-causing structure, etc. Location doesn't have any effect upon it. Flat fields, trees, doesn't matter. Zero range on this thing. Pretty frustrated with it. Think I bought a bad unit.

Like you, I also have both the P4P+ with the screen, and the Mavic. Of course the range on the Mavic is far superior, but the Phantom is no slouch -- I easily get out a mile and half.

Just checking: Have you tried lowering the image transmission quality in the settings? That really helped me!

I haven't tried that yet. But I will this morning.

I bought my Mavic direct from DJI, but I got my Phantom through Amazon, so I need to decide soon what I'm going to do to return the unit within their 30-day window return policy. Two chat line help sessions and one support phone call to DJI hasn't helped me any. But I've done everything I know what to do. I'm surprised their isn't a download/upgrade for the drone itself instead of just for the controller. I really like the improved image quality the larger camera gives you, but having a range of around just 1,000 feet isn't going to cut it by a long shot, obviously.

Again, no problems whatsoever with my Mavic. Couldn't be happier with it. But my new P4P+? Not so much.

what about the setting for max flight distance mine came low like 1000 meters I reset to 8000

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl