Terminology

Reaction score
I was reading a thread, but lost it. The discussion was about upgrading to v3.08. The term "New TX" was used. Does TX stand for Transmitter?
I have the DJI Phantom Vision 2 Plus but do not know how to tell if I have a. New or old TX.
Any help?
Thanks
Mike

Yes. Some other common terms are RC and remote controller. You can find other commonly used acronyms here.

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum Michael. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

Here is the link to commonly used acronyms - ACU = Acronyms Commonly Used | DJI Phantom Forum

The difference in the old tx and the new. New has holds in it to venting, the old has a solid casing. These are in the shell of the quad mounted on the main board.

I thought the new TX had the silver camera tilt wheel on the left side as well as battery level LEDs on the front whereas the old didn't have these? Sorry if I'm in the wrong thread. My comment is regarding P2V+

I thought the new TX had the silver camera tilt wheel on the left side as well as battery level LEDs on the front whereas the old didn't have these? Sorry if I'm in the wrong thread. My comment is regarding P2V+
You are completely correct.

In the RC world the controller or transmitter = tx, and the receiver = rx.

Some time we have to be a little more specific. Case in point the quads TX is a video/wifi TX that is under the shell. On the RC mounted is the Wifi extender that is also sometime confused as a TX unit. Then of course the Remote Controller is also a TX unit so yo see how their can be some confusion. But yes there are older and new models of the RC TX unit described as you indicated. The newer has rechargeable batteries and the thumb wheel for the camera. So there are really three TX units doing different functions.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl