Telemetry Data and videos

Reaction score
I saw this video today where Telemetry data was overlayed on the video

On his P2 Vision + it Looks like he was able to do this with extra hardware Flytrex and software DashWare
If I am understanding the difference of the P3 over the P2 is the use of the DJI Pilot app.
Since that app stores your flights it looks like is probably storing the Telemetry data somewhere?
Is this data stored in the DJI Pilot app or on the MicroSD card in the Phantom?
Is the Telemetry data accessible for download?

On his P2 Vision + it Looks like he was able to do this with extra hardware Flytrex and software DashWare
If I am understanding the difference of the P3 over the P2 is the use of the DJI Pilot app.
Since that app stores your flights it looks like is probably storing the Telemetry data somewhere?
Go over to the Inspire pilots forum and ask them the question. No one here knows since no one here has a P3 yet. I'd be interested to know the answer too.
BTW, I recommend you get a Flytrex for your bird, not just for the telemetry but probably more so for tracking her at such a far range.

Another user on here developed a phone app that provides the same telemetry data (.cvs) as the flytrex profile for use in dashware. That's what I'm using until I get my flytrex. But, it's only for the P2V+. A flytrex will allow you to do the same regardless of the bird you're flying.

The app is called "DJI Ultimate Flight w/GS"

You should have linked us to the video! The Inspire 1 records telemetry data as closed-captioning embeds, so if it was all text, that might be it.

If you click on "this" above that is the link to the video
The color is not very obvious that it is a link but it is there

Whoops, I glossed over it. I see it now.

On the Inspire 1, the telemetry data can be accessed on a rear-facing mini-USB port, located underneath the tail light. That's what DJI uses to analyze flight logs from repair/warranty cases.

However, on further research, it appears to also save the data to a hidden directory on the SDCard, so maybe it'll be the same here...?

You have access to your flights via the App including the stick positions when you were flying. You can play them back in the App. If you shoot video or pictures they are also cached on the device along with the SD card on the camera.

You have access to your flights via the App including the stick positions when you were flying. You can play them back in the App. If you shoot video or pictures they are also cached on the device along with the SD card on the camera.
Can you export to dash ware?

After some initial tests I am not seeing where I can see this data on the SD card
I have unhid the folder and looked around but don't see any file that is contains the flight data
Any suggestions or direction?

Based on what I've read (and makes sense imo) it's not intended for you to look at. It's for dji to look at if you claim there was a malfunction. The user friendly version is in the app (again, presumably since I won't know until I fly this evening)

People usually jailbreak their iPad/iPhone and install an app to record the screen.

In fact, this is the guy that does it specifically:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I did, installed and it doesn't show anything about how to do that. Any insight?
Actually I think I'm wrong it's not the shou.tv app it was the shou app but I can't locate it and mine will not open on my phone. I haven't used it for a while they must have killed it.

That's not telemetry data coming from the bird (for use in dashware, etc) its a screen recorder. Pick one (of many) on the app store that you like and run it before your flight.

That's not telemetry data coming from the bird (for use in dashware, etc) its a screen recorder. Pick one (of many) on the app store that you like and run it before your flight.

Any suggestions?

Ok, so I'll be using the Nvidia shield to record my screen. What is the best way to go about syncing the videos later if you want to do an overlay?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.