Tarot T-2D gimbal

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for a tilt-control gimbal for the Phantom, and the Tarot T-2D looks like a great option (especially in price compared to the Zenmuse). I've got a couple of dumb questions, hoping someone can help out:

Looks like buying it straight from tarot-rc.com is an option--it's cheap and always in stock. It looks like they have a couple of different versions, is this the right one? http://www.tarot-rc.com/index.php?main_ ... ts_id=1029

I figured I also need to get an ebay plate to mount it to the Phantom, the lever for the channel 7 pot on the transmitter and a maybe a few screws, but is everything else included? Are there any additional electronics I need?

Lastly, can anyone recommend a good start-to-finish set of instructions for getting the gimbal installed and configured on the Phantom? Before jumping in head first, I want to make sure I'm not biting off more than I can chew.

Thanks!

yes,. that is the one to purchase , as it comes with the controller.

you'll also want to buy a mounting plate so that you can mount it to the Phantom (search ebay for Tarot Phantom mounting plate).

I believe you'll also need to get a longer servo cable so as to connect the gimbal to the NAZA, but maybe not (others here might chime in).

there's some video's online to help you get started.
and people here to help.
is't not too much go get into.

also make sure to update the firmeware to v1.3 if it's not loaded with it already

I mounted mine directly to the phantom using included standoffs and had to get an extension cable for the 7th channel control...although I've not had much luck w that control since it creeps...can't get the software to connect on a Vista machine.

I recently added the Tarot T-2D to my Phantom and love it even though the original controller board had to be replaced. Just for your info, it is my understanding that there are only 3 authorized Tarot dealers. Mr. Dave Frederick in California is one of the three and can be reached at http://www.tarot-rc-heli.com. This is not he same as online company you mentioned. I had the misfortune of ordering from this Hong Kong clown and it took forever to get replacement controller. I wish you good luck with your Phantom and Tarot gimbal. I hope you can find one at a good price.
I mounted mine by using a thin piece of carbon fibre board screwed into existing GoPro mounting point in front and machine screw washer and nut( Locktited) thru case with head of screw below battery rails. I made standoffs from small threaded nylon rod I found at hardware store to support Tarot lower platform.

Daviator47 said:
I recently added the Tarot T-2D to my Phantom and love it even though the original controller board had to be replaced. Just for your info, it is my understanding that there are only 3 authorized Tarot dealers. Mr. Dave Frederick in California is one of the three and can be reached at http://www.tarot-rc-heli.com. This is not he same as online company you mentioned. I had the misfortune of ordering from this Hong Kong clown and it took forever to get replacement controller. I wish you good luck with your Phantom and Tarot gimbal. I hope you can find one at a good price.
I mounted mine by using a thin piece of carbon fibre board screwed into existing GoPro mounting point in front and machine screw washer and nut( Locktited) thru case with head of screw below battery rails. I made standoffs from small threaded nylon rod I found at hardware store to support Tarot lower platform.

I was under the impression that tarot-rc was the actual company website?
had no idea there was tarot-rc-heli, they're based in California and sell the Tarot in-stock? I'll def have to pass that info on!!

I believe Hobby-Wing carries this gimbal also? I purchased my ARRIS CM2000 v4 from them and I received it within 7 days. I was pretty impressed since it came all the way from China. Their list price is $159. In regards to getting the software to work and be able to adjust your gimble. You'll need to find a computer running Windows XP 32bit. Luckily I had an old laptop in the garage that I used to make it work. I think others have made it work with new versions of Windows. All I can say is that both of those gimbals are top notch. Do a seach of YouTube and you'll find tons of info on both and how-to's . Good Luck!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl