Talk to an Antenna Guru , Been at this for over 40 years ( GW4LWD )

I have a pair of these and 10ft cables, with 3 watt sunhans. They work well.

Ok I fly a P3A. My understanding these 3 watt sunhans is to boost your wifi. But the P3A is not wifi right ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ok I fly a P3A. My understanding these 3 watt sunhans is to boost your wifi. But the P3A is not wifi right ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
P3A is Lightbrighg, and they will work with the 3 watt boosters. I have a P3A with a P3P camera.

Vip vist to the Mars Rover research and space centre . Got to fly a Mars rover ....
IMG_0022.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: dirtybum
All this talk is very interesting I'm very new to drones and antennas and radio. I have a P3S what would all you pro recomend to get a good signal just want to do the controller I have been looking at the DBS mod but thought I would ask on here first after reading the post.
I don't want to go silly far just want to know I have reliable radio and video

Thanks

Sam

All this talk is very interesting I'm very new to drones and antennas and radio. I have a P3S what would all you pro recomend to get a good signal just want to do the controller I have been looking at the DBS mod but thought I would ask on here first after reading the post.
I don't want to go silly far just want to know I have reliable radio and video

Thanks

Sam

Start with a 'windsurfer' (parabolic reflector).

Cheap, easy to use, removable for storage, leave off when not necessary, light weight, no-mod. to the controller.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
That's good then I just assumed that the antenna in the middle was radio and the small panels inside the remote where the WIFI

Thanks

Sam

That's good then I just assumed that the antenna in the middle was radio and the small panels inside the remote where the WIFI

Thanks

Sam
Nope, one is receive, the other is transmit. The video and RC controls are intermingled (multiplexed) in the 2.4 GHz radio

From a previous thread:

No, the control link uses the entire 2.4 Ghz ISM spectrum. It is a frequency hopping signal that covers from ~2.406 - 2.476 Ghz continuously. The signal occupies the entire band and when you are also using that band to do your video downlink on, the controller seems to skip that portion of the band in order to eliminate interference. I haven't dug too deep into the chipset used for the transmitter yet, but it almost appears adaptive to help eliminate interference...although it was clearly hopping over WiFi AP broadcast beacons in the area. It may just adapt to the video downlink signal of the Phantom. I think Photo #10022 attached to my original post demonstrates what the signal is doing nicely. If you look at the waterfall display (which represents what the transmitter is doing int he band over TIME, you can see the hop sequence from the controller doing it's "shift" across the band. Of course the controller could be using Chirp Spread Spectrum or another protocol but it appears to be FHSS from what I could tell.

That's great thanks for that I'll try the windsurfer tomorrow if the weather is good I made one this morning while I was board waiting for the rain to disappear.

What are the internal panels inside the handset then?

Thanks

Sam

That's great thanks for that I'll try the windsurfer tomorrow if the weather is good I made one this morning while I was board waiting for the rain to disappear.

What are the internal panels inside the handset then?

Thanks

Sam
If you have a standard then the single antenna on the rc is 5.8 for control...the 2 pucks in the rc are 2.4ghz for video. Your best option is to get the DBS mods itelite panel. Or you can try the argtek that is cheaper.. (i didnt have much luck with argtek) if your in an open area the windsurfer might help with control but you will still lose video.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20