Taking Drone on Flight (P4 Pro) ...?

Reaction score
Apologies if this has already been done to death, I just am about to go on a bit of a last minute cross country trip to North Carolina and would love to take my phantom 4 pro with me (stock case, three batteries, one stored in drone, two in case battery slots). Being pretty last minute, I'm hoping you could have mercy on me for not thoroughly researching what's likely been discussed here already and give some experiences and feedback?

I am planning to use my large suitcase and put it in there and check it with TSA combo locks. I know I probably should carry it on, but circumstances won't allow that for this trip.

Anyone do this regularly without any issues? Theft? TSA? Battery issues?

Any/all comments greatly welcomed and appreciated!

I know it isn't something to argue with TSA, but DJI packaged batteries could be considered "integral with the device" since the battery cells themselves are sealed with electronics that keep them electrically isolated from outside the case.
Some say stabilized cabin pressure is one reason for carry-on requirement, but if that were the case, no device with LiPos could be checked.

I know it isn't something to argue with TSA, but DJI packaged batteries could be considered "integral with the device" since the battery cells themselves are sealed with electronics that keep them electrically isolated from outside the case.
Some say stabilized cabin pressure is one reason for carry-on requirement, but if that were the case, no device with LiPos could be checked.

BAD advice. Other devices with LiPos do not burst into flames when punctured. DJI batteries do.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub