Almost lost my P4 and got it wet in the process (not a fly away)

Reaction score
So we did a last minute mountain bike trip up in the Sierra mountains and shoot some aerial footage with the P4 - we decided to crash at a local hotel to get some sleep before a long day.

We emptied the car with our equipment in tow and brought it to the room and everyone passed out after a long day of driving. Woke up after a good 6 hour sleep - checked out brought all our gear to load the car up and moment hit us.

WHO HAS THE DRONE?

We all paused and look at each other and from a distance we see the DJI P4 carry case underneath a light post, left there the night before while we were busy taking down gear. Besides being soaked from the water sprinklers the box was intact with the drone and iPad PRO - there was no battery attached to the drone so water / moisture got into the drone - so I left in the warm car to let it naturally dry.

After several hours I powered up the bird did a test flight, tested all controls and responsiveness and noticed no issues. So overall still thankful no one took interest of a gray styro cooler looking box

Also I was surprised that with the little water / moisture - the drone still is 100% operational

I now am extra cautious when carrying to many gears..... account for your drone ...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I would buy a lottery ticket, you are so lucky [emoji106] most of the water from the sprinklers would have only hit the shell, and plain water over salt, where mine ended up was a dead bird. You won't do that again [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: XFlite
I know ...way to lucky!

full

LOL - hell no! Happens when you are half a sleep and excited...it was right next to the street to..anyone could have walked by and see it and easly have taken it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4