TACO-RC ND filters set (ND4/8/16/32) for DJI Phantom 3

Can someone educate me as to the benefits of the double sided vs. one

Wanted to get the 64 in the set but they are out of stock. Think a 32 will be enough?

That depends on your desired shutter speed and current shutter speed based on lighting conditions when and where you typically shoot. Per the 180 degree rule, if you typically shoot 1080 30p, your desired shutter speed should be set to 60.

ND 32 cuts light by 5 stops. That means you could slow a shutter speed of 1/2000 down to 1/60 with an ND 32. If you see shutter speeds at 4000, you would need an ND 64.

For purposes of the second chart, look at the f-2.8 column since the P3 camera's aperture is fixed at an f-2.8.

image.jpg image.jpg

Reactions: xave
That depends on your desired shutter speed and current shutter speed based on lighting conditions when and where you typically shoot. Per the 180 degree rule, if you typically shoot 1080 30p, your desired shutter speed should be set to 60.

ND 32 cuts light by 5 stops. That means you could slow a shutter speed of 1/2000 down to 1/60 with an ND 32. If you see shutter speeds at 4000, you would need an ND 64.

For purposes of the second chart, look at the f-2.8 column since the P3 camera's aperture is fixed at an f-2.8.

View attachment 27058 View attachment 27059

Thank you.

Reactions: Mike Gravo
Reactions: Mike Gravo
Hi Yall,
I need to get some decent ND filters I tried the phantomfilters...once pain in the you know where to get in and out, What does one expect for twenty bucks, I guess. The taco double sided dont seem to be available now the snakes are expensive and the Polar Pro not available for shipping till near the end of August. I live in Ireland by the time I get them I will need lights not ND filters. I don't want to have to buy and waste cash, get good ones now that are keepers. Any suggestions please?
View attachment 26254

Cathal - are you on the FB group UAV Flyers Ireland - if not you should be. Great craic. We're having a meet up in Athlone this Sunday; there are a few guys in the group who have been testing filters and might be able to make recommendations.

I ordered mine yesterday morning (think I got one of the final few MC sets they have in, as they showed out of stock shortly after I ordered)they sent me an email this morning to say it's been shipped. Let's see how long it takes to get to the uk!

I ordered mine on a Thursday and received them on the following Monday, so based on that you should have them this week ...fingers crossed

Reactions: 2raaas
Just ordered the double-sided 4/8/16/32 set. The order button was live, so I figured it meant the item was available. Email accompanying the confirmation email stated "Awaiting Fulfillment". Not sure if that means it might ship once it's daylight in Hong Kong, or if I'll have to wait until the 18th. No issue either way, just stoked to get some filters for my P3A!

Just ordered the double-sided 4/8/16/32 set. The order button was live, so I figured it meant the item was available. Email accompanying the confirmation email stated "Awaiting Fulfillment". Not sure if that means it might ship once it's daylight in Hong Kong, or if I'll have to wait until the 18th. No issue either way, just stoked to get some filters for my P3A!
I got an awaiting fulfilment email and the next day another saying they have been shipped.

Reactions: Kovacs
got my Multicoated kit today... anyone want to buy the 4 and 8? I only intend to use the 16 and 32

also, why do you need the O-ring?

Just ordered the MC set.. I have the SRP ND8/CP & ND16/CP. I'm not totally satisfied with them because of the slip over design. I really hate to stack filters and be shooting through the UV filter as well as the ND. I've read good things and opted for Taco RC over DJI's newly released ND filters. Thoughts being 1) better customer service with Taco and 2) I'm sure these MC filters are better then whatever DJI is trying to sell.

Just ordered the MC set.. I have the SRP ND8/CP & ND16/CP. I'm not totally satisfied with them because of the slip over design. I really hate to stack filters and be shooting through the UV filter as well as the ND. I've read good things and opted for Taco RC over DJI's newly released ND filters. Thoughts being 1) better customer service with Taco and 2) I'm sure these MC filters are better then whatever DJI is trying to sell.
I have the srp nd/cp they are really high quality but the slip in design it's not the best and hard to install/take off, I prefer the taco rc ones any day... I have them both.

Reactions: Opcon

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164