Tablets

Reaction score
What 7''/8'' tablets work best with the DJI go app for a phantom 3? I read that the google nexus 7 2013 is a good choice, does it have to be a 2013 or can it be a older version like a 2012. Read that apple tablets work well, but apple used tablets are expensive.

iPad Mini 4. The Nexus will lag, and a 2012 model will not work because it's even slower.

There got to be cheaper options as I don't want to pay more for the tablet than I did for the phantom.

I have a Lenovo tab 4. There is very minimal video camera lag when I tried it out. I deleted or disabled ever app I could. Haven’t flown yet because winter refuses to end here in Pa. I’ve read where others have used the Lenovo tab 4 with good results. Mine was $ 129. Good luck

Reactions: PhantomHero
I would go for a used iPad mini. The iOS app is far more stable than their android versions. You don’t have to be an Apple user or fanboy, just read countless posts here to understand iOS has a bit of an edge over their android app. (Yes there are exceptions). FWIW

Do I need gps in the ipad mini 4?
That's only needed if you want to use the Follow Me flight mode or be able to reset the home point to your current location after taking off. All other GPS related features (e.g. RTH) use data from the Phantom's internal GPS receiver.

Reactions: Loz
Hi Guy's,
I see this is an old subject but thought I would add some new info here, I was flying all three of my DJI Birds with a iPad mini 3 9.7" tablet, but as the firmware updates became more complex the iPad Mini 3 couldn't seem to keep up, so I bought a 2018 iPad 6th generation tablet and this this handles all three birds beautiful , DJI Go and DJI GO4 and also the LITCHI app operate flawlessly. So if anyone is wondering if it's a good Tablet to fly with my ANSWER IS AWESOME !!!
Take Care
SteveP55

What 7''/8'' tablets work best with the DJI go app for a phantom 3? I read that the google nexus 7 2013 is a good choice, does it have to be a 2013 or can it be a older version like a 2012. Read that apple tablets work well, but apple used tablets are expensive.

I just bought a 2013 Nexus 7 WiFi off eBay for $20
Should be here beginning of next week. From the reviews I read it’s suppose to have a bright screen. For $20 it is worth a try and I’ll just leave it dedicated for the drone only.

I have a Lenovo tab 4. There is very minimal video camera lag when I tried it out. I deleted or disabled ever app I could. Haven’t flown yet because winter refuses to end here in Pa. I’ve read where others have used the Lenovo tab 4 with good results. Mine was $ 129. Good luck
It's been a while how is the Lenovo tab 4 working for you?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20