Tablets that actually work for flying drones - livestock management

Reaction score
Can you tell me what tablets exist which are close to the DJI Crystal Sky, when flying a drone for livestock or other agricultural applications? $800 for a tablet and bracket seem excessive.

We are ranchers in western Nebraska who started our own drone company. The best time to fly a drone is when it is sunny. Seeing into canyons and blow outs, or seeing if a water tank is full, is a big deal. We have been using the DJI Crystal Sky 7.85", the Black Rock T 71 industrial and the Samsung Tab Active. nVidia Shield and iPad Air 2 were not that good. Nor was the Google Pixel 2. Any other suggestions? Here is the article on our website on what we think works:

Drones and Phones: Any Phone Works to Fly With. Right? - Barger Drone

Check out these daylight-readable tablets and siren for chasing at bargerdrone.com, or give us a call at 308-224-2234.

My suggestion would be to use an external hdmi monitor. Use either DJI goggles or extended hdmi cable to a shaded place where you install a monitor.

I have tried sun shades and they are not very effective.

One think I learned (but rarely remember to do). I have a sun shade, but the iPad I use has a glassy, reflective screen. I find that with the sunshade, it helps to wear a dark shirt or jacket. Lighter colors reflect off the screen and it's hard to see past. If there's shade, try to stand in it without blocking the line of sight to the 'copter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.