Tablet Update

Reaction score
Received my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tab A. I use the 64gb extreme pro mini sd card. As per previous discussions, I removed all the unnecessary Apps, cleared out the cache, wiped history, etc. Ready to fly. Got airborne, video stutters continuously (pretty much). Flew approx. 50 yards and it lost the signal to the RC. When I reestablished control again, I flew back to home point and packed it up for the day. The tablet is going back.
Any suggestions for a Tablet that won't break the bank?

Sounds like you had strong signal interference and not a tablet issue. The tablet wont cause you to lose signal with the AC and 50 yards is well within range

Sounds like you had strong signal interference and not a tablet issue. The tablet wont cause you to lose signal with the AC and 50 yards is well within range
Could a neighbors radio cause interference? He has a tower in his yard. Could a ground squirrel's pest ultrasonic annoying buzz that my neighbor has, been the cause?

Last edited:
Could a neighbors ham radio cause interference? He has a tower in his yard. Could a ground squirrel's pest ultrasonic annoying buzz that my neighbor has, been the cause?
Id say that's likely. Try flying somewhere else

Thank you. That sucks, 'cause I like to practice in the open field behind my house. I'm a beginner.

Received my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tab A. I use the 64gb extreme pro mini sd card. As per previous discussions, I removed all the unnecessary Apps, cleared out the cache, wiped history, etc. Ready to fly. Got airborne, video stutters continuously (pretty much). Flew approx. 50 yards and it lost the signal to the RC. When I reestablished control again, I flew back to home point and packed it up for the day. The tablet is going back.
Any suggestions for a Tablet that won't break the bank?
HI I use same device my awsome,,have check on transmission channels under HD to try another channel...which phantom hooked up ?,try with airplane mode on incase some interference about......my device running multiple apps and djigo go4 and litchi,,device more than capable

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
P4 Advanced. Thanks for your input.
HI I was just checking some specs,,,which remote you have,,,,any change on airplane mode,,have you tryed cam setting in the bottom pic 720x30fps
Screenshot_20181207-131620.jpg
Screenshot_20181207-132625.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
HI I use same device my awsome,,have check on transmission channels under HD to try another channel...which phantom hooked up ?,try with airplane mode on incase some interference about......my device running multiple apps and djigo go4 and litchi,,device more than capable
Sorry dude, I already shipped it back. But thanks again.

OK sweet better luck next take care:)hope you get sorted to fly
I watched good things about the Google Nexus 7 (7-Inch, 32 GB, Black) by ASUS 2013 2nd Generation (Certified Refurbished). I'm going to give it try.

As far as radio interference let me mention this. I’m a ham radio operator with a 119 foot tower that also has equipment to support my wireless internet business. I have one dish for 5.8 GHz and three sector panel antennas on 2.4 GHz. I frequently fly my Phantom 4 up to inspect the equipment. I fly right up to the front of all these antennas and never had any hint of interference. Also most Hans use much lower frequencies from 1.8 MHz to 30 MHz. It would be highly unlikely that these low frequencies would interfere with any of our WiFi frequencies. The frequency hopping spread spectrum that DJI uses would be hard to block unless a saturation level signal was transmitted and again I don’t think that would be a problem.

Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF.

As far as radio interference let me mention this. I’m a ham radio operator with a 119 foot tower that also has equipment to support my wireless internet business. I have one dish for 5.8 GHz and three sector panel antennas on 2.4 GHz. I frequently fly my Phantom 4 up to inspect the equipment. I fly right up to the front of all these antennas and never had any hint of interference. Also most Hans use much lower frequencies from 1.8 MHz to 30 MHz. It would be highly unlikely that these low frequencies would interfere with any of our WiFi frequencies. The frequency hopping spread spectrum that DJI uses would be hard to block unless a saturation level signal was transmitted and again I don’t think that would be a problem.

Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF.
I really appreciate your feedback. Thank you for the info and enlightening me on ham radio's. I guess I won't egg his house tonight. I'm joking, of course. I'm still going to ;)

Respectfully, Pat

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.