Tablet question

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase a tablet for piloting my P4P, specifically Android, I am not a fan of apple products. The catch is I would also like one that is also good for editing photos through Lightroom app, and has to have a micro sd slot.

I have looked through, this website. Best Tablets/Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily) - Phantom Help

I am asking for your experiences with your tablets, the good and bad etc.
Much appreciated

I'm not an iOS fan either, my phone is Android and that's what I prefer. However I had bad luck with Android with DJI craft. After happy flying with my wife's iPad, I caved and have flown with iPads every since. Never had a problem, other than overheating in the summer above 90F with my older iPadMini2. My Air2 hasn't overheated yet, and it works great.

As for editing on the tablet, good luck with that. IMO you really need a PC or Mac to do a good job editing if your goal is to create good aerial videos using the native SD card video. Cutting, splicing, titling, music, clip transitions, and previewing, all that is not easy for a tablet, not to mention your options for each of these steps is limited.

Reactions: MTO and Vodcoffie
Thanks John for your reply! Definitely something to think about going IOS.

The editing shouldn't be too intense though, it would just be pictures from my hand held camera in the Photoshop Lightroom app. Just needs a really crisp screen, high res.

Recently purchase crystalsky 7.85 1000nit monitor it makes flying a pleasure. Turn on controller it automatically boots up monitor. Turn on my P4P within seconds it says go fly, so seamless, screen is so bright and clear, a joy to fly. I was using nividia shield k1 sometimes a pain to connect. As far as editing goes I would do that separate on a computer that has the horsepower to handle. The less you have on your flying unit the better of you’ll be

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl