Tablet Holder?

Just so everyone knows, the nutsert installs nice if you have the tool, but the Inspire Holder does not have enough 1/4-20 exposed threads to connect to the nutsert.

So, I had to order this as an upgrade to the Inspire Holder -> DJI Metal Iron CNC Mobile Device Holder for Phantom 3 or Inspire 1 | eBay

Everything works fine now.

This is just an FYI if you plan to go the nutsert route.
Best solution is to use the threaded nutsert. No nutsert tool needed and the Inspire mount has full thread contact. ;)
Link to needed nutsert - http://m.summitracing.com/parts/AAF-ALL18548

IMG_1686.jpg

You meant the rivnut? If so, yes. But the nut insert I linked above does not need any special tool other than a wrench.

You meant the rivnut? If so, yes. But the nut insert I linked above does not need any special tool other than a wrench.

Yes, rivnut/nutsert that is compressed into the hole using a tool requires more exposed threads than available.

The one you linked works without modification to the holder but does require a bigger hole..

Got this bracket to mount holder on my P3S Tx. Seems solid, no drilling. I might superglue an aluminum fender washer under the front of I get any wobble.

Attachments

• af-phantom-3-standard-mobile-device-holder-support-dji-ph3-p38-f45.jpg
    af-phantom-3-standard-mobile-device-holder-support-dji-ph3-p38-f45.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 668
Reactions: jettabrett92
Does anyone know if the inspire mount on the standard controller will fit in the DJI backpack?

There are 3-4 wires behind that area. Go slow, use smaller drill bits first and work your way up. You'll be fine.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1451064064.620465.jpg

Tarot FPV tray 001.JPG
Any suggestions on a good tablet holder to buy?

IMHO.I got the tarot FPV tray and my DJI 5.8 radio transmitter fits great , It's a little expensive but if you shop at Banggood its around $100 all CNC aluminum Its not hunky and a little 3m interlok tape my monitor and mini ipad fit great the shoulder harness(tarot) is very comfortable too , The tray also has room for extra batteries and keeps the radio from being top heavy as many of the other mounts are ,Plus your radio is fully protected and when set it down it stays in a upright position It also has forearm rests, It works for me.. Im sure the DJI forum TROLLS might not agree .

Attachments

• tarot fpv tray 004.JPG
    tarot fpv tray 004.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 697
  • tarot fpv tray 005.JPG
    tarot fpv tray 005.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 713
Last edited:
Reactions: mcphipps

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.