Tablet Holder?

I would buy an Inspire 1 mobile device holder but it requires you to drill a hole in your RC. See the post here. If you have more questions, just ask. Very simple to do...

Reactions: dirkclod
I would buy an Inspire 1 mobile device holder but it requires you to drill a hole in your RC. See the post here. If you have more questions, just ask. Very simple to do...
+1 I Luv's it on both my TX's :) tx.jpg and centers nicely donnie tx.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Drone7
Thanks for the info. It looks interesting but I've only had my P3S for a little more than a month so I'm not ready to start modifying it yet.
It's really simple to install (plug and play) and only takes a few minutes and JDot's slow yaw switch is fantastic. I've got one on my P2V and it works flawlessly. Highly recommended.

Reactions: dirkclod
This is what I use. Works great if you don't want to spend a lot of money/modify your controller.

The actual name of the thing is GripGo. You can get 'em for ~$3 on Ebay.

I can mount that on my standard transmitter?
Yes, with a little modifying. It is pretty easy to do. You drill a hole, use a threaded nutsert or a regular nutsert if you have the hand tool to install them. I don't own the tool so I went with a threaded type. I cut the plastic away with a razor knife and drilled a pilot hole. I enlarged it to the correct size and installed the nutsert, tightened it all up and closed up the shell. Then you can mount the Inspire holder. Took me about 15 minutes to do.

IMG_1686.jpg IMG_1698.jpg IMG_1702.jpg IMG_1706.jpg IMG_0333.jpg

Yes, with a little modifying. It is pretty easy to do. You drill a hole, use a threaded nutsert or a regular nutsert if you have the hand tool to install them. I don't own the tool so I went with a threaded type. I cut the plastic away with a razor knife and drilled a pilot hole. I enlarged it to the correct size and installed the nutsert, tightened it all up and closed up the shell. Then you can mount the Inspire holder. Took me about 15 minutes to do.

View attachment 38290 View attachment 38289 View attachment 38291 View attachment 38292 View attachment 38293
Can I ask where you purchased the holder and nutsert from? I'm gonna do that for sure.

Those links are good that mandalay posted. I actually bartered the nutsert from another member here (Thanks MightyT!), as they come 2 to a pack.
Shop around for the holder but they average $30 - $35.

Remember to get it dead center or it will be crooked when done. Also be absolutely sure you have the wires well out of the way when drilling, when that thing cuts through it will get away from you quick! :eek:

Glad someone created this thread. I have a Nexus 7 tablet that collects dust, so it would be nice to use it with the Phantom. Plus, I like the idea of NOT using my phone.

I'm apprehensive about drilling into the transmitter just yet. I'd love to hear more suggestions. I'm going to see if I can find try that sticky grip mount to see if it actually works. A guy at work has one. He says it okay, but has had his phone fall a few times. Then again he uses it in his car, and I'm sure potholes and bad roads are far worse than what I would do to it. If it works out, I'll post back.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj