Tablet help

Reaction score
Hello all hope everyone is set for a good weekend of flying :) So I have an issue it's probably something I'm not understanding as I'm not the most tech savvy individual out there lol I searched the forums here but couldn't find an answer so hopefully one of you smarter ppl could help. K I was looking for a new tablet to buy and dedicate solely as a phantom tab, as I was reading the forums here on various posts about devices I kept coming across the link of recommended devices so I tapped it and browsed through the list of devices. I tapped the Acer Iconia tab 8 in the list and it took me to amazon page with the Acer iconia tab 8. So I ordered the tablet I came in yesterday we'll long story short I go to the play store to download dji go and it says this device isn't supported on the dji go app page in the play store. Am I doing something wrong or am I not going to be able to use this tab? I've put dji go on 3 other devices but not happy with the screen size, all three devices installed and run app just fine but I wanted a bigger screen and a dedicated tab for only the phantom. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, hope I didn't waste the money on the iconia as I have no other use for the tab lol.

Happy Flying;)

Hi,
I use an Ipad Pro and before that, an Ipad mini 2.
The Android devices listed by DJI are as follows, copied from their website download page:

Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.

I'm not sure why it won't load, it's an android device, and the specs are just about good enough.. I've not heard about DJI Go refusing to load on anything Android, suitable or unsuitable. Maybe one of the many gurus on this site can help? @msinger

Just download the .apk file and run it. DJI go will run on it but it needs to be 'side loaded' cause it's not on the list. I use a cheap Lenovo 7" tab and it works just fine.

Reactions: Alex Baxter
Thank you all for your replies :) I was able to get the app to install on the tab using the sideloading method. I have a couple more questions if that's cool lol.

1) the app installed and runs fine but I'm not getting the tablet UI it's displaying the phonr UI. What I mean by that is I've used two different phones both have same display mainly main screen is the video feed and bottom left is map with flight path home point and AC position and direction it's pointing. On the other tab I've used and pictures on here I've seen of others tab displays it's camera feed in the main view bottom left looks like a radar although it's not actually radar lol but looks like it and it shows AC direction and bottom right is the map that is in the bottom left on phone display. Well on this new tab I'm getting the phone display I.e. main screen video feed bottom left the square for map and that's it not the map bottom right and radar looking thing on bottom left like other tabs. Is this a result of sideloading the app? Any ideas as to how to fix this?

2) when I use a phone in the map screen bottom left it shows home point and the flight path the AC has been taking and shows the AC and it's direction it's pointing , well on this tab that little screen that is the map screen is just white no icon for home point no flight path I've flown and most importantly no AC with direction it's facing in relation to home point. Needless to say it's pretty nerve racking when I get out pretty far and I have no way of knowing which direction AC is facing besides the camera view and I'm flying in familiar area I wouldn't even want to try flying in an area I'm not familiar with and not being able to tell which way the AC is pointing lol. Could this be because I have no cellular data service on the tablet but I do on the phone?
Again thank you for you time and patience in helping this noob lol happy flying

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj