Tablet for DJI Go

Reaction score
My 10" tablet is too bulky for a controller monitor. Looking for something smaller (hopefully cheaper) to use only for drone.

I've tried 2 now, they both give me a "not compatible with this device" error. Any suggestions for a suitable tablet? Small, cheap and compatible. Thanx.

Take Lenovo Tab S8-50L. 8", cheap, 1080p screen, GPS,LTE, and works perfectly with DJI GO.

Last edited:
Just posted this in another similar thread.

Was surprised with the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 considering its price. I use it as a dedicated drone tablet, so no crap bogging it down. Seemed to tick the boxes for me with being newish, quad core processor, good ram and good price. $200usd from Amazon http://amzn.to/1XRqS2c

My Samsung works much better than my more expensive iPad mini 2, which I find struggles especially when it gets hot. I live in the tropics so it is always hot.

I previously ran a Nexus 7 and it was only ok. Was a great tablet, just think it is getting a bit old now. I purchased the Samsung when I dropped my Nexus and smashed the screen. Was a good upgrade.

Last edited:
My 10" tablet is too bulky for a controller monitor. Looking for something smaller (hopefully cheaper) to use only for drone.

I've tried 2 now, they both give me a "not compatible with this device" error. Any suggestions for a suitable tablet? Small, cheap and compatible. Thanx.
The not compatible message is not always correct, try downloading the .apk from DJI downloads and install it anyway.
I had a very under-specced Hisense Sero Pro 7 which could run it reasonably well, also my MotoG does a passable job except the screen's a bit small.
Neither of these are supposed to be 'compatible'.

Asus Z580C, 200 bucks, beautifull 2.7k screen and works very very good with GO and Litchi, 8 inch and very light, recommended

Just posted this in another similar thread.

Was surprised with the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 considering its price. I use it as a dedicated drone tablet, so no crap bogging it down. Seemed to tick the boxes for me with being newish, quad core processor, good ram and good price. $200usd from Amazon http://amzn.to/1XRqS2c

My Samsung works much better than my more expensive iPad mini 2, which I find struggles especially when it gets hot. I live in the tropics so it is always hot.

I previously ran a Nexus 7 and it was only ok. Was a great tablet, just think it is getting a bit old now. I purchased the Samsung when I dropped my Nexus and smashed the screen. Was a good upgrade.

Can you tell me in what way was the Nexus 7 "only ok"? I assume you are talking about 32gb 2013 model? Thanks

Can you tell me in what way was the Nexus 7 "only ok"? I assume you are talking about 32gb 2013 model? Thanks
He's right, it is getting on a bit. Don't let that put you off though, it's got plenty of ram and I've found it to be very stable. It still outperforms most 'budget' tablets. I know I go on and on about the screen, but it really is a belter.

He's right, it is getting on a bit. Don't let that put you off though, it's got plenty of ram and I've found it to be very stable. It still outperforms most 'budget' tablets. I know I go on and on about the screen, but it really is a belter.

Thanks. I just bought the Nexus 7 2013 32GB. The specs on the display, which you spoke of, made my decision.

Reactions: Wacker2611
For my first flight i used my samsung s5 and decided although it worked fine it was just too small to be poking around on while flying,
Same evening i just mentioned to the girl friend i might have to buy a tab of some sort as the s5 is too small,
Oh dont do that she said, bank gave me one as a present last month, then she gave me a still unboxed samsung tab4 and said i could have it claiming she has no interest in such things :)

I connected to to the pc rooted it then raped it of all the stupid samsung apps and anything else i could find including the chinese language it came with, installed the go app and made a hood while it charged,
Its never seen a sim card and guess it never will, i cache the maps on wifi at home, its now dedicated to the phantom with gps turned on and once the maps are cached it goes into flight mode, brightness is up full...its done 10 flights and the battery is down to 72% without being charged again.

Edited to say...she still uses an old nokia she had for years, has to charge the battery twice a day, screen is so scratched that when she gets a call she scrambles for her reading glasses and peers into to phone trying to decide if she,s gonna take the call or not...by that time the calls gone,

What a darlin

Last edited:
Reactions: TrevorTron

Are you using the Inspire tablet holder? If not, try it with your current tablet.

I use a Samsung S2 9.7 Android tablet and it fits into the stock holder perfectly. I think it is about the same size as the iPad Air 2. The extra screen realty is nice.

I just found it wasn't great in comparison to the iPad Mini 2 or Samsung. I think they are starting to get a bit old now. Shame they haven't released a 7" replacements.

I use a Samsung S2 9.7 Android tablet and it fits into the stock holder perfectly. I think it is about the same size as the iPad Air 2. The extra screen realty is nice.

I just got a barely used P3 Advanced and the same Samsung Tab S2 9.7" tablet as you. It has worked perfectly so far.

It is so amazing to fly now coming from a P2 with a "little" Galaxy S5 phone. Not to mention the much better 7000+ feet range I got during my first flight. :)

The big tablet and heavy controller are a work out for my arms if I forget to wear the neck strap.

The Insignia 7.85". Regular price $150 on sale thru tomorrow for $150.

Hi-res, works great with DJI Go.

Rob

Sorry, but the best bang for buck is STILL the Nexus 2013. Don't listen to the naysayers who say it's too old. It runs Go and all 3rd party apps perfectly! AND I'm comparing that to my IPad Air 2, there's virtually no difference to the flying experience!

Reactions: JBG
Sorry, but the best bang for buck is STILL the Nexus 2013. Don't listen to the naysayers who say it's too old. It runs Go and all 3rd party apps perfectly! AND I'm comparing that to my IPad Air 2, there's virtually no difference to the flying experience!

I just got my Nexus 7 2013, and you're correct. The display is phenomenal. Bright, high PPI it's great.

Reactions: Wacker2611 and JBG

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl