"System Error" followed by "RC Signal Lost"

Reaction score
Hi!

I bought my first drone today, the DJI Phantom 2 Vision+.
And after several hours of troubleshooting, i just can't figure out what to do.

The DJI Vision app says "System Error" for a minute or two, followed by "RC Signal Lost" and "Phantom Connection Lost". I have followed the guide to set up the controller.
I turned on the P2, the link indicator flashed red, I then pushed it until if flashed yellow. I then turned on my controller and it immediately stopped flashing. So something definitely happens between the P2 and the controller. The quad it self flashes yellow. I'm obviously not able to start the quad.
I have connected the controller and the quad to the laptop and used the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant_3.8, and everything seems up to date.
I can't find anything in the guide either.

Is there someone that could help me with this issue?

Last edited:
you may need to reread the manual or calibrate the gps system...

Thank's for your reply! I can't find anything about calibrating the GPS signal, but if your referring to the compass, then yes I have calibrated that in addition to the controller and camera.

Let me fill you in on my up to date situation. I really hope you're able to help.
As it turns out, my Samsung S9 with the newest Android version was the problem regarding the broken connection (app kept crashing or instantly took me back to the main page, tried reinstalling, didn't help). I fired up my old S6 and the camera feed now works perfectly fine.

Now back to the real problem. I still can't get any RC signal. I will attach vimeo links to show exactly what's going on. Thank you for using your time btw, much appreciated!!

I dont know much about viemo sorry... But when you start i did'nt notice you fliping the right side toogle switch 3 or 4 times leaving it in the up spot and then rotating the drone to get satialites..I know not alot

I dont know much about viemo sorry... But when you start i did'nt notice you fliping the right side toogle switch 3 or 4 times leaving it in the up spot and then rotating the drone to get satialites..I know not alot

I have calibrated the compass, but I didn't record it though. Vimeo is just the videos I posted. And that didn't do anything about the RC Signal Lost.

Thank's for your reply! I can't find anything about calibrating the GPS signal, but if your referring to the compass, then yes I have calibrated that in addition to the controller and camera.

Let me fill you in on my up to date situation. I really hope you're able to help.
As it turns out, my Samsung S9 with the newest Android version was the problem regarding the broken connection (app kept crashing or instantly took me back to the main page, tried reinstalling, didn't help). I fired up my old S6 and the camera feed now works perfectly fine.

Now back to the real problem. I still can't get any RC signal. I will attach vimeo links to show exactly what's going on. Thank you for using your time btw, much appreciated!!

Have you bound the remote to the quad,

turn off the remote

turn on the quad

press the recessed button under the quad right side
hold for 3 seconds

power on the TX

job done

Have you bound the remote to the quad,

turn off the remote

turn on the quad

press the recessed button under the quad right side
hold for 3 seconds

power on the TX

job done

Yes, this I have done as shown in the video.
I was also able to calibrate the compass, and my drone signaled that the home-point was recorded. I was able to control the drone the other day for the first time simply by moving further away from the drone. But it only worked for about 30 seconds before it lost the RC Signal again. And that was the first and last time I actually managed to start the drone.

Iv'e found when binding, I need to hold the phantom bind button depressed while turning the remote on.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj