Syma X8HG FPV

Reaction score
Hi, All the adverts for the Syma X8HG drone state that it has FPV, there is even a smart phone holder designed for it, On the Google APP site there are several APPs just for Syma. Yet nothing I do will get FPV working on my phone or tablet because the Syma Just doesn't show up in the WiFi list of items, so none of the Apps will connect to it. Any info on thie ?
Tony.

Reactions: bestblogger
Hi, All the adverts for the Syma X8HG drone state that it has FPV, there is even a smart phone holder designed for it, On the Google APP site there are several APPs just for Syma. Yet nothing I do will get FPV working on my phone or tablet because the Syma Just doesn't show up in the WiFi list of items, so none of the Apps will connect to it. Any info on thie ?
Tony.
This is a dji forum but many here fly other craft, so probably someone can help. I've got a couple of Syma X5C-1's which I mess around with. They definitely don't have FPV as standard... :)

I've done a quick bit of research on your behalf and I've come across a few sites which say (sorry) that the X5HG actually doesn't have FPV, although it may be advertised in some places as such. If you want FPV then you need to buy the X8HW model.

Syma X8HG Review (IN DEPTH) - Must Read Before Buying.

Syma X8HG: Quick Look, Features & Differences with X8G (in comments)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
(this guy attaches another camera in order to get FPV)

The Quadcopter Syma X8HG Review - Drone Omega

Finally, here's Quadcopter101's video and he makes no mention of FPV. Most of the information on his video reviews is usually correct.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Hi Tonyvee.
I have a Syma X8hg and can confirm it does NOT have Fpv. However you can convert it as I did by purchasing the X8hw Fpv camera from the Syma online store, its reasonably cheap, download the Syma App and off you go. Two crafts for the price of one. But, I found the range I'd very limited, approx 40m and the battery time drops from 10 mins to around 4. I now use the X8hg as a fun practice craft to keep my skills up.

Hi Tonyvee.
I have a Syma X8hg and can confirm it does NOT have Fpv. However you can convert it as I did by purchasing the X8hw Fpv camera from the Syma online store, its reasonably cheap, download the Syma App and off you go. Two crafts for the price of one. But, I found the range I'd very limited, approx 40m and the battery time drops from 10 mins to around 4. I now use the X8hg as a fun practice craft to keep my skills up.
Your first post here and a useful one, thanks, saying how the OP can get round it cheaply if he wants to. The camera doesn't seem to be available on ebay.co.uk, so, as you say Motlock, the Syma shop seems the best source. X8HW-Wifi-FPV-HD-Camera

Welcome to you Motlock, btw! :)

Tony.

Hey my friend,
this is probably too late for your needs but..

There is a good solution for your delema. You can remove your attached camera and go with a clean little FPV 5.8gz camera with a built in transmitter. Around $25 but if you don't have googles.. Guessing no.. They you could not view it. So at this link there is a combo set . 5.8gz camera transmitter and a nice sized 5.8gz receiver screen with it's own built in battery and antenna. Hope this helps

Hi Tonyvee.

Hi mate, probably a silly question but if I buy the X8HW camera as suggested, will the camera button on the remote controller still work (i.e. will it recognise the new camera / take pics when clicked). Thanks

Hi
Yes you can take photo's and video's as it has a memory card fitted to the camera, however it is only a 2mp camera against the X8hg which has a 8mp

Reactions: jayjayw87ulh
Hi
Yes you can take photo's and video's as it has a memory card fitted to the camera, however it is only a 2mp camera against the X8hg which has a 8mp

Many thanks, sorry should have rephrased the question, will the click function on the X8hg remote controller recognise and operate the X8hw Fpv camera? and will the X8hw camera fit into the existing slot of the X8hg drone?

thanks for all the advice.

Last edited:
Hi jayjayw87ulh, I have dug out my Syma X8hg + both cameras and have tested them both for you

Results. With the X8hw Fpv camera and the Syma app loaded on your smart phone you will get Fpv but cannot take any photos or videos with the remote click functions.
maybe you could try a screen recorder app ?

With the X8hg camera as supplied, you will have no Fpv function, but the camera operates normally.
Both Cameras fit onto the slot without any problems.

Checking the Syma Web site for parts listing, shows that the X8hg and the X8hw have different part numbers for the hand controller and craft main board.
As I said previously, the Syma is a good practice craft, but is not very good for photography.

Hope this helps you, good luck:)

Reactions: jayjayw87ulh
Hi jayjayw87ulh, I have dug out my Syma X8hg + both cameras and have tested them both for you

Results. With the X8hw Fpv camera and the Syma app loaded on your smart phone you will get Fpv but cannot take any photos or videos with the remote click functions.
maybe you could try a screen recorder app ?

With the X8hg camera as supplied, you will have no Fpv function, but the camera operates normally.
Both Cameras fit onto the slot without any problems.

Checking the Syma Web site for parts listing, shows that the X8hg and the X8hw have different part numbers for the hand controller and craft main board.
As I said previously, the Syma is a good practice craft, but is not very good for photography.

Hope this helps you, good luck:)
many thanks for this. Top man

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.