Wjm

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Émosson Dam is a hydroelectric dam development located in Switzerland in the canton of Valais.
Halfway between Martigny in Switzerland and Chamonix in France, VerticAlp Emosson is a unique rail system allowing visitors to access a natural site nearly 2,000 m (6,500 ft) above sea level.
There ia an unparalleled view of the famed Mt. Blanc, the highest peak in the Alps. it’s the Swiss’s second largest dam (capacity 227 millions m3).

We have a dam nearby we use to be able to walk on. It has been closed since 9/11. We can’t even fly drones over it now. They were nice to me and just told me to stop. We laugh about the changing times. Sad though.

Reactions: Wjm
Nicely done and interesting. Lucky you were able to fly over that dam. As Rootman said, most dams in U.S. are pretty much now off-limits to even walk or ride a bike over. I got permission to fly my drone over a dam on the Rio Grande to get aerial photos of an archaeological site being excavated. Permission wasn't easy. Hearing "dam" and "drone" in the same sentence was almost a deal breaker. That train ride up the mountain and through the tunnel looks like fun and certainly scenic. You presented it well.

Reactions: Wjm
We have a dam nearby we use to be able to walk on. It has been closed since 9/11. We can’t even fly drones over it now. They were nice to me and just told me to stop. We laugh about the changing times. Sad though.
Yep that's sad… It's allowed to fly over this dam, but some like the grande-Dixence dam is not autorised because it's a federal game reserve.

Nicely done and interesting. Lucky you were able to fly over that dam. As Rootman said, most dams in U.S. are pretty much now off-limits to even walk or ride a bike over. I got permission to fly my drone over a dam on the Rio Grande to get aerial photos of an archaeological site being excavated. Permission wasn't easy. Hearing "dam" and "drone" in the same sentence was almost a deal breaker. That train ride up the mountain and through the tunnel looks like fun and certainly scenic. You presented it well.

Thank you very much. That's true in Switzerland there is by chance not too much restriction to fly drone… Hope it will continue like this ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.