Swapping P3A for P3S

Reaction score
The recent price cut on P3A convinced me to to let my P3S go and buy a P3A. It arrives late next week. I am quite excited about the new capabilities. I write to ask pros and cons and advice on adding the P3A records. Specifically, should I continue my old DJI account and just add the new aircraft or should I create a new account? Perhaps some of you with multiple aircraft have some experiences or advice. It seems quite easy to go either way. Since the craft and their records are different, I am inclined to make a new account. That would create a separate history for the new aircraft. Should I delete DJI GO and all the data then start over on my mobile device?

And if you wish to pontificate, am I required to register the new P3A with the FAA before I fly it since I acquired it after 12/21? Of course, I owned and was flying a (different) UAS before 12/21. And I owned a non-Phantom quad for a week or so in the interim, but no longer own or fly it. Or am I permitted to wait until 2/19 to register the P3A since I was flying "a UAS" before 12/21? I have been waiting to see what becomes of the challenges, but will eventually comply with the rules as they shake out.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31