Swapping camera connectors

Reaction score
Does anyone have information on how to put the camera connector from a H3-D2 onto a H3-D3. Why: 1) don’t want to risk damaging the ribbon connector cable, 2) to use a GoPro HERO 4 and 3) to get the benefit of 3-axis stabilization. Thanks.

Does anyone have information on how to put the camera connector from a H3-D2 onto a H3-D3. Why: 1) don’t want to risk damaging the ribbon connector cable, 2) to use a GoPro HERO 4 and 3) to get the benefit of 3-axis stabilization. Thanks.

For one thing, you'd be wasting your time modifying the gimbal and it will work with the hero 4 without the bac-pak monitor. That ribbon cable works just fine.

Have you registered your P2 with the FAA?

It turns out I don’t have a HERO4, only a 3 and a 5. But I am “thinking “ that replacing the ribbon cable for the 30 pin connector might be best in the long run.

It turns out I don’t have a HERO4, only a 3 and a 5. But I am “thinking “ that replacing the ribbon cable for the 30 pin connector might be best in the long run.

In my opinion, it's not worth changing the ribbon and you won't be able to use Hero 5 as the gimbal wasn't designed for that camera.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic