Surprise

Reaction score
I lost my P3 about two months ago and have been looking at new drones. when I got home from work the other day there was a brand new drone on the dining room table a P4A my wife said surprise She said I know you been looking at them so I went ahead and bought it for you and I bought the refresh too. I couldn’t believe it what a great wife. Is it gonna be a problem that the drone is purchased in her name and the refresh. so when I create a DJI account to Activate it I think I would have to use her name in case I ever needed to use the refresh. But my main question is can I register the drone and put my old FAA number on that or does it have to be registered under her name and can I fly her drone which is really mine.

Last edited:
can I register the drone and put my old FAA number on that or does it have to be registered under her name and can I fly her drone which is really mine.

If recreational registration, you do not register each drone. The original registration number you received covers all drones, really it's a pilot registration. However, you do need to re-register every 3 years.

For commercial registration, you do need to register each drone.

If recreational registration, you do not register each drone. The original registration number you received covers all drones, really it's a pilot registration. However, you do need to re-register every 3 years.

For commercial registration, you do need to register each drone.
Yes It’s for recreational. But what about the ownership of the drone being under my wife’s name is that a problem

Reactions: Hounddog
Yes It’s for recreational. But what about the ownership of the drone being under my wife’s name is that a problem

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the specifics of the Refresh program. Though, I can't see how it would be a problem per se. What are you concerned about in that context?

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the specifics of the Refresh program. Though, I can't see how it would be a problem per se. What are you concerned about in that context?

Just got off the phone with DJI they help me understand thats Refresh goes with the drone not the person who bought it. The DJI rep (who was as nice as can be)said no worries go and enjoy your drone guess I should have just called. Now to set up the AC. This weekend will be her maiden voyage. Thanks for your feedback.

Blue skies
Safe flying

I lost my P3 about two months ago and have been looking at new drones. when I got home from work the other day there was a brand new drone on the dining room table a P4A my wife said surprise She said I know you been looking at them so I went ahead and bought it for you and I bought the refresh too. I couldn’t believe it what a great wife. Is it gonna be a problem that the drone is purchased in her name and the refresh. so when I create a DJI account to Activate it I think I would have to use her name in case I ever needed to use the refresh. But my main question is can I register the drone and put my old FAA number on that or does it have to be registered under her name and can I fly her drone which is really mine.
This is story is how my dreams start.

Reactions: DenMac

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic