SUPER BUMMED...Dizzy!

Reaction score
So I was SO EXCITED to get my new DJI Goggles today, I charged them up, connected my P4 (which was easy) and went out to fly. I set to gimbal tracking, and literally in 2 mins I was feeling dizzy and had to sit down. I don't normally get motion sickness, and love boats, rollercoasters, driving fast, motorcycles...you name it. This thing made me straight up ILL! PLEASE tell me this goes away after a while...?

Thanks!
Scott

It's called Total Immersion and it can really take a toll on some people, even those who don't normally get motion sickness.

Some people (ok a few) get used to it but I know several who have not.

If the refresh rate is not high enough, people are know to get sick when doing VR stuff. Some people get over it, others don't.

Reactions: slugger
Two points to be noted:
1. If the lenses are not proper for your eyes, you will get dizzy quickly. Sit at home, connect any other HDMI source to it and view to check if you need any adjustments or additional focus fix lenses.

2. You should never fly with standing while flying with goggles on. Better have a comfortable chair and then fly.

I just got myself a set of the DJI goggles also and Rightaway started to experience sort of dizziness going on. So now I need to order 3.5 dIsopters so that I can fly without my regular glasses on and it supposed to also help with that sensation if you can see the screen directly and you can adjust the diopter with within the goggles. Supposed to get them today so I will let you know how they work out.

I wear contacts, and I've been sitting here in my office playing with the head tracking mode...still a little dizziness. I'm going to try an HDMI source in.

I wear contacts, and I've been sitting here in my office playing with the head tracking mode...still a little dizziness. I'm going to try an HDMI source in.
I use tablet and goggles together,when conect like this it gives I think it called vidio size setting where you can adjust screen view back in goggles so not right in your face,yes been looking at focus fixers myself, been trying some reading glasses just because it right in your face gives bit of image which things seem closer than they are,still learning these but be cautious with head tracking flight till really used to them because it also controls movement of drone with the remote and when your head moves,Gimble tracking nice feature but as much as I like these things still prefer to fly without,good for people watching and watching playback on,yes fvp not for all,

I use tablet and goggles together,when conect like this it gives I think it called vidio size setting where you can adjust screen view back in goggles so not right in your face,yes been looking at focus fixers myself, been trying some reading glasses just because it right in your face gives bit of image which things seem closer than they are,still learning these but be cautious with head tracking flight till really used to them because it also controls movement of drone with the remote and when your head moves,Gimble tracking nice feature but as much as I like these things still prefer to fly without,good for people watching and watching playback on,yes fvp not for all,

How do you use them both together?

How do you use them both together?
Old p4 ,fitted hdmi module and run normal usb and hdmi port together,had to get adapter for hdmi port so goggle cable fit..when set like this setting on my tablet gives me option where to display to,hdmi or both dgigo4 and hdmi
151925224489341608087.jpg
1519252283672227760501.jpg
..I say old p4 because new ones can now link via Ocusync and older ones have this hassel..downfall to this set up is loseing a few settings in the goggles like me favorite Gimble tracking,have to move camera with Gimble wheel instead of looking around with headset

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Way2Fst4U
So I was SO EXCITED to get my new DJI Goggles today, I charged them up, connected my P4 (which was easy) and went out to fly. I set to gimbal tracking, and literally in 2 mins I was feeling dizzy and had to sit down. I don't normally get motion sickness, and love boats, rollercoasters, driving fast, motorcycles...you name it. This thing made me straight up ILL! PLEASE tell me this goes away after a while...?

Thanks!
Scott
I have a great way for you to get over your sickness...

Give your googles to me.

I just got myself a set of the DJI goggles also and Rightaway started to experience sort of dizziness going on. So now I need to order 3.5 dIsopters so that I can fly without my regular glasses on and it supposed to also help with that sensation if you can see the screen directly and you can adjust the diopter with within the goggles. Supposed to get them today so I will let you know how they work out.

I also got the 3.5's from DJI about a week and a half ago and they are nice, so much better than monkeying around with readers and they fit into the goggles very nice.

Thanks!
Scott

When I first got mine I was testing out watching a couple movies with them and the movie Gravity although incredible to watch using the goggles connected to a blu-ray player, definitely made me dizzy.

Flying did too at first but not as much.

Reactions: Way2Fst4U

Thanks!
Scott
It's the new "high"...If you ever want to get stoned just put on your goggles.

Flying FPV can be a bit unnerving at first. Give it a few goes before conceding. When your eyes interpret motion but your ears don't your brain gets confused.

Reactions: slugger
I tried again yesterday. Got the drone up and felt sick in literally one minute. Maybe it’s just not for me

I tried again yesterday. Got the drone up and felt sick in literally one minute. Maybe it’s just not for me
maybe it's nervousness. do you find it makes you anxious? Noise from the drone can add to the confusion so maybe block your eyes with some cotton wool.
I find FPV is much earlier to take photos and videos once you are confident.

maybe it's nervousness. do you find it makes you anxious? Noise from the drone can add to the confusion so maybe block your eyes with some cotton wool.
I find FPV is much earlier to take photos and videos once you are confident.
hehe...definitely not nervousness. Funny thing is I NEVER get motion sickness. I've been 200mph on a motorcycle, over 150mph in a car, speed boats, rollercoasters, even skydiving...no problems. I can't fly a little drone without getting sick! lol! It's kind of funny in a way, but not really. I may give it one more shot, but right now, I've put the goggles up for sale and chalked it up to it's just something with my head...?

I'm going to connect up the Spark today and give it one more shot...Taking it out of head track mode all together may help I guess???

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj