Sunset photos

Reaction score
e6a9f1eeb24bf18f66134ab1fade6e56.jpg

Sent from my SM-T713 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: ScoobiRoo1123
Really great. The technical name for those "god rays" you see coming from the sun are crepuscular rays. Those are some of the best I have seen. Next time you see them try turning the drone around 180 degrees and you may see them converging in the opposite direction (those are called anticrepuscular rays). When present, they are easily seen with a drone up a couple hundred feet or so, and they can be spectacular.

anticrepuscular 1c.jpg
anticrepuscular 3c.jpg
anticrepuscular 2c.jpg
Here are a few examples of the anticrepuscular rays I mentioned earlier in this thread. In all three cases these pictures were taken directly opposite the sunrises. The sunrises were very nice, but these shots 180 degrees from the sunrise itself are also very nice. The converging lines result from an optical effect similar to that seen when looking down a pair of railroad tracks into the distance. The lines appear to converge, but they are actually parallel light rays.

Reactions: DroneDisaster
View attachment 68168 View attachment 68170 View attachment 68169 Here are a few examples of the anticrepuscular rays I mentioned earlier in this thread. In all three cases these pictures were taken directly opposite the sunrises. The sunrises were very nice, but these shots 180 degrees from the sunrise itself are also very nice. The converging lines result from an optical effect similar to that seen when looking down a pair of railroad tracks into the distance. The lines appear to converge, but they are actually parallel light rays.

Next time flying during a sunset, i'll try this out

Reactions: flyboy73
DJI_0024.jpg

From the other night. Just a slight tweak in Lightroom.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
This is a sunset in Puerto Rico. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.