Suggestions for googles for use with Phantom 4

Reaction score
I'm interested in using a simple display that I can wear on my head to replace my phone as a monitor when flying FPV on my Phantom 4 because the phone screen is almost invisible in any sort of daylight!

I don't want any sort of VR experience, I just want to see what the drone sees whilst flying so I can navigate just like I do now with my phone. All the stuff I've found online seems way too complicated and technical for what I want.

Also the headsets look massive. Why can't something like Google Glasses be used?

they arent complicated and technical. but dont expect it to be cheap. If you are wearing your phone on your head, it has to be VR to some extent, because it would look very distorted it it was just the screen 2 inches away from your face.
You would need this to use with any good goggles that dont use a smartphone: Buy HDMI Output Module (Phantom 3 Pro/Adv/Phantom 4) | DJI Store
and i would suggest using something like this for goggles: the HeadPlay HD FPV Headset w/ 40ch 5.8GHz Raceband Receiver
if you want smaller goggles, you could use this: the Fat Shark Attitude V3 Modular FPV Goggles with 3D Support

I bought the HDMI Output Module (Phantom 3 Pro/Adv/Phantom 4) & Fat Shark Dominator V3 FPV Goggles. If you wear glasses you may also need to purchase a set of Diopters (small lenses that slide into the goggles to help you focus your eyes) The Fat Shark Dominator V3 FPV Goggles come with the HDMI cable to connect the goggles to the RC. This combination works great. The reason recommend these goggles is because there is a fan on them so when the lenses fog they clear. It's much better than trying to see your phone or tablet in the sun. You still need to have your phone or tablet connected to the Rc so all of the other functions are available to use.

I was curious about goggles as well, is that all that is needed? HDMI out and the goggles?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes all you need is the HDMI out module for your RC and goggles that have a HDMI in port. The Fat Shark Dominator V3 FPV Goggles do you just need to push the button on the top on goggles once they are powered up to switch them to the HDMI port.

I was curious about goggles as well, is that all that is needed? HDMI out and the goggles?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

There are different ways possible.
With the litchi app on android, you JUST need only the cardboard or better google goggles!! NO HDMI.
The app views the FPV from the cam in two fields with some flight data and you can use it with a simple cardboard.
Very cheap, very good. Even headtracking with the copter cam: If you look down, camera moves down! Give it a try. Resolution depends on your phone.

Good description can be found here:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Have fun !

I bought the HDMI Output Module (Phantom 3 Pro/Adv/Phantom 4) & Fat Shark Dominator V3 FPV Goggles. If you wear glasses you may also need to purchase a set of Diopters (small lenses that slide into the goggles to help you focus your eyes) The Fat Shark Dominator V3 FPV Goggles come with the HDMI cable to connect the goggles to the RC. This combination works great. The reason recommend these goggles is because there is a fan on them so when the lenses fog they clear. It's much better than trying to see your phone or tablet in the sun. You still need to have your phone or tablet connected to the Rc so all of the other functions are available to use.

Do the fat sharks come with the HDMI cable you need or do you have to purchase them separately? I really want to try this out I already have the HDMI port on my P3A just need to take the plunge on the googles

Do the fat sharks come with the HDMI cable you need or do you have to purchase them separately? I really want to try this out I already have the HDMI port on my P3A just need to take the plunge on the googles

no they dont.

ebay bro, $5 hdmi cable

Yes the Dominator V3 does come with the cable.

I opted for the headplay's. They are big and look gooffy and light, under 1 pound (400g). The image is very good and is on a 7 inch monitor. These would not be good to race because you have to look around to see everything, for me this is what I wanted, this gives a grandios view and makes you feel like your behind a huge windshield in the sky. There is enough room to wear glasses if you need them to read. They come with 2 different lenses to help with focus but I still need glasses to see a crisper image. One advantage is you still have your tablet for Go app and can change settings. They have the aircraft telemetry on top and bottom and all the same info as GO but no map. I like to give my family and friends a ride in my quad, they love it and give them a chair or sit down because they may fall as you bank or break. You do need HDMI and like the others said it's not cheap.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers