Suddenly Jello

Reaction score
Hi Pilots

I have an anti jello mount and balanced carbon fiber propellers. I balanced the propellers by using sandpaper on the upper side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO8H75OYnUQ

I have had way better shots than this jello wise, for some reason it shows a lot of jello. Can anyone tell me why?
Also it seems the camera doesn't film as smooth as it did previously, it sometimes lags abit. Can this really be caused by an update to the gopro 3 camera?

Thank you

Simon

simonthk said:
Hi Pilots

I have an anti jello mount and balanced carbon fiber propellers. I balanced the propellers by using sandpaper on the upper side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO8H75OYnUQ

I have had way better shots than this jello wise, for some reason it shows a lot of jello. Can anyone tell me why?
Also it seems the camera doesn't film as smooth as it did previously, it sometimes lags abit. Can this really be caused by an update to the gopro 3 camera?

Thank you

Simon

Just guessing here but maybe you caught some dirt in a motor bearing and that's causing vibrations. A good test for motor vibration is to take all 4 props off put the phantom on a smooth table and give it full throttle. If your see the phantom start sliding around on the table, then you've got some motor vibrations that need to be addressed.

Did you recently change your memory card in the HERO3? Also, the recent update to the HERO3 has been affecting some of the memory cards.

Maybe the memory card can cause the other problem I have, with the lagging. Though I havnt changed the memory card, only I have updated the gopro successfully.

I will try and do some of that motor test. I oil my motors frequently both upper side and underneath with oil using a needle (like diabetes shooting themselfes) that kinda needle, to just get a tiny bit of oil to the bearings. I have never been close to any dirt at all really.

I needa try more things.

Silly question, did you check the screws that hold your mount to the Phantom? I had that happen to me where they backed out one turn or so and seen the same type vibration.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl