Sudden In Flight Battery Discharge

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum and haven't figured out how to efficiently search yet for my battery issue so I apologize in advance if this is a redundant thread. My P2V+ recently started experiencing sudden in flight discharge of the battery causing it to begin a controlled descent. The P2V+ with check out normally during pre flight, take-off normally but within about 15 seconds the battery icon on the app starts flashing red and it begins to descend. I use the P2V+ generally of fly real estate photos and to be honest maybe fly it once a month or so. I didn't notice a couple of posts here not to store fully charged batteries which exactly what I don't do. I bought this P2V+ new from DJI about 20 months ago. Have I ruined these batteries already? Is there another issue I could look into?

20 mos... Your bateries are 'tired', not ruined.

Time for new ones.

Reactions: Gary Moreira
Charge and discharge fully and look at the battery capacity meter. Determine what that capacity is relative to the rated capacity. It may be that your batteries have lost capacity and need replacement. This is not fixable. The good alternative is that the 'smart' chip's calibration is badly off. That will sort itself out following a deep discharge to full charge cycle.

I have had mine for 13 months and just had my first battery go and do the same as you. It says it has about 40 cycles on it but I know for a fact it has over a hundred. Anyways I noticed about 15- 20 flights ago the battery began to swell slightly so I never used that one for long range flights.
Then all of a sudden that batteries voltage dropped almost instantly during flight, managed to and it but I would say that battery is done. I'm pretty satisfied with 100+ flights on 1 battery. I read on hear some people get a lot less than that.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

I have had mine for 13 months and just had my first battery go and do the same as you. It says it has about 40 cycles on it but I know for a fact it has over a hundred. Anyways I noticed about 15- 20 flights ago the battery began to swell slightly so I never used that one for long range flights.
Then all of a sudden that batteries voltage dropped almost instantly during flight, managed to and it but I would say that battery is done. I'm pretty satisfied with 100+ flights on 1 battery. I read on hear some people get a lot less than that.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
Thanks. Yes, I believe that these batteries are like the old saying, "use it or lose it". In retrospect, I've done a couple of things wrong, 1, not used as frequently as they should be used and fully discharging, and 2, storing them with a full charge. New battery on the way so we'll see. Thanks for your input!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj