Battery life / discharge

Reaction score
How does discharging work on Phantom 3 batteries? I found the most manuals and guidelines say to set discharge at 2 days but how is this triggered? Do you need to have the battery attached to the drone or does the battery itself know from last charging time to count the days?

And when you store your batteries for a long time you need to charge the batteries to 40-50% I read, but how does this remain on 40-50% when setting things to start discharge after 2 days?

It’s all in the battery manual.

Discharge starts at days preset.
Once begun, it’ll discharge to safe level.
If left for very long period, it’ll go into other mode to prevent complete discharge.

Press the button on the battery it’ll reset the discharge process

The auto discharge will bring the battery from full to a storage value of around 50% and stop discharging. Never leave your batteries fully discharged they should be around 50%. In storage and depending on the state of your batteries the % storage (50%) will drop a bit every month, I would check them at least once a month. After flying let your batteries cool down then up to storage(50%) or when the third light on the battery starts to flash. Full charge on fly day or day before, always check levels before flight and don't take off without a full charge.

Reactions: quaddamage

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl