Sub $100 tablet for Phantom 3 Standard

Reaction score
I have had my drone for a few months now and have been using my iphone 6 with the DJI go app and it works great. The main problem is the screen is too small. Or there any cheap tablets that will work with the DJI app?
I would also like to use it with the Sony playmemories app if possible. Does the drones range depend on the controller, or the tablet connected to it?

Reactions: smackc4
You can find a list of recommended and commonly used tablets here. If buying a used tablet is an option, then you can save some cash by buying a used/refurbished device.

KB-Best-Tablets.jpg

Last edited:
I have had my drone for a few months now and have been using my iphone 6 with the DJI go app and it works great. The main problem is the screen is too small. Or there any cheap tablets that will work with the DJI app?
I would also like to use it with the Sony playmemories app if possible. Does the drones range depend on the controller, or the tablet connected to it?

The display device you use doesn't affect the range (baring any unforseen interference generating). Range is dependent on the controller and the antenna in the drone itself.

i might mess around with an Amazon Fire 8 HD, now that one can be had for $59. Would have to sideload the APK for DJI GO as it's not in the Amazon appstore. I'm a little leary of experimenting with something that could lead to a lost drone though.

The display device you use doesn't affect the range (baring any unforseen interference generating). Range is dependent on the controller and the antenna in the drone itself.

i might mess around with an Amazon Fire 8 HD, now that one can be had for $59. Would have to sideload the APK for DJI GO as it's not in the Amazon appstore. I'm a little leary of experimenting with something that could lead to a lost drone though.

I think you'll be disappointed with the Fire HD 8. I have heard to new 10" works pretty well though, and it's only 120 now. I personally have no experience with the 10, only the 8.

I think you'll be disappointed with the Fire HD 8. I have heard to new 10" works pretty well though, and it's only 120 now. I personally have no experience with the 10, only the 8.

What issues did you have with the 8 HD? Stability? In my limited amount of playing around with the one my wife got our grandson it seems peppy enough. But the bastardized Android version is concerning. I thought the new 10 had the same OS though. 10 seems really big and heavy for a monitor though. Plus, I just upgraded my controller to the Inspire tablet holder. Gonna take another mod to get it to take a tablet that big. :D

I kick myself. Won an iPad at a trade show a couple of years ago before I got into the quadcopter hobby. Didn't own a single thing Apple so I gave it to my daughter. Would be nice to have now.

I use a Lenova 7" tablet.
Bought it as it has built in GPS and <$100 Australian dollars
I'm waiting on an anti-glare film for it, as; like the smartphone I upgraded from, GLARE is TERRIBLE on ANY glossy screen - Sun shields DON'T help with the REFLECTIONS BEHIND the pilot.

Reactions: scarrick
What issues did you have with the 8 HD? Stability? In my limited amount of playing around with the one my wife got our grandson it seems peppy enough. But the bastardized Android version is concerning. I thought the new 10 had the same OS though. 10 seems really big and heavy for a monitor though. Plus, I just upgraded my controller to the Inspire tablet holder. Gonna take another mod to get it to take a tablet that big. :D

I kick myself. Won an iPad at a trade show a couple of years ago before I got into the quadcopter hobby. Didn't own a single thing Apple so I gave it to my daughter. Would be nice to have now.

It was just sluggish, and it seemed to get worse the more I used it. Mine is the 2015 version, but the specs for the 2017 are pretty much the same. An odd thing I noticed is that when I looked at the flight info on airdata it always said my signal quality was poor.

Last edited:

There's actually an easier way. Turn on "allow from unknown sources", go over to apkpure and download whatever version of the go app you want, open up the downloads folder with the built in file browser and tap on the apk file. Done.

I went to Apple website and got an iPad mini4 refurbished- happy with it

After 3 attempts at an under 100 tablet, (yea I know), I finally found an Acer that works perfectly. Model B1 790. Recently added to the list above. Wives can make a man spend more than he wants, "it better be cheap". She didn't catch the two additional charges.

I tried at least 3 phones and 4 tablets and to be honest the best is the Ipad mini2. And I don't like apple products but the mini2 or 4 seems to be the most stable with the best size screen. I use my androids for everything but the mini only for my dji products. you can get them for $130 or so on ebay but make sure it's at least a mini2 with ios11 - the mini1 will not work as it can't load the apps. (litchi or djigo4)

Just got a refurbished Asus Google Nexus 7 (2013) 16 gb on eBay for $89.00. Works great. Just doesn't have a micro card slot.

I went ahead and got a Kindle Fire HD when they were on sale a few weeks ago for $49. I loading the DJI Go app, and Sony Playmemories. So far it has worked great, and I can see what I am doing.

Reactions: Aunt Moo

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie