Stupid question - stuck rotor blade P3A

Reaction score
One of the black-tip rotor blades on my P3A is stuck on. I can't remove it (well with reasonable torque). I didn't get a wrench with it and I can't see where you would use a wrench anyway. Any suggestions?

I hand tightened them, and all but one are easily removed.

One of the black-tip rotor blades on my P3A is stuck on. I can't remove it (well with reasonable torque). I didn't get a wrench with it and I can't see where you would use a wrench anyway. Any suggestions?
The wrench attaches to the one of the top four spokes in the motor hub, two of the props come off ccw and two come off cw. confirm the proper direction-- black cw off-- silver ccw off. Should come off very easily. When you put them back on, hand tighten only.

Thanks, no wrench, and I got the direction OK (obvious from the blade pitch ha ha). Thanks for the fast response. I got it off by gripping the motor with a sheet of "sticky rubber". That gave me enough friction to remove the blade. I don't know why I tightened that one so much. Never again.

Thanks again.

use a pair of needle nose pliers to hold one of the 'spokes' on the motor and twist the prop... Murphy's rule - if it's stuck force it, if it breaks it needed replacing anyway...

I've also had issues with plastic threads on metal 'posts' with my motorcycle's tires... they tend to seize up sometimes... give it a good twist if that doesnt work twist harder... then only hand tighten (and dont leave the props on when not using it ... )

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl