P3 Firmware Phantom 3 Adv. "ESC Status Error" question

Reaction score
I know this issue has popped up from time to time. I pretty much quit flying my P3A when I got the Mavic Air, it just sat in it's case in the closet, kind of like the cowboy in Toy Story. Recently I wanted to sell it and raise some cash since it just sits here to a place that trades in camera gear and drones and they tested it and said they got a ESC Status Error each time they fired it up so would not buy it from me.

I did some online searching and read that DJI came out with an updated firmware v1.11.30 but I can't find it on their website, only v1.11.20 which I already have. Most of the threads on this topic are pretty old. So I didn't know if there was anything new on this or how I get the newer unofficial firmware to try and see if that works.

FWIW, I didn't do a lot of flying with it but had one big crash and sent it to DJI to repair the gimbal. They did and sent it back and I flew it only a few times more before putting it up. No bad landings or software upgrades or anything since they repaired it.

I know this issue has popped up from time to time. I pretty much quit flying my P3A when I got the Mavic Air, it just sat in it's case in the closet, kind of like the cowboy in Toy Story. Recently I wanted to sell it and raise some cash since it just sits here to a place that trades in camera gear and drones and they tested it and said they got a ESC Status Error each time they fired it up so would not buy it from me.

I did some online searching and read that DJI came out with an updated firmware v1.11.30 but I can't find it on their website, only v1.11.20 which I already have. Most of the threads on this topic are pretty old. So I didn't know if there was anything new on this or how I get the newer unofficial firmware to try and see if that works.

FWIW, I didn't do a lot of flying with it but had one big crash and sent it to DJI to repair the gimbal. They did and sent it back and I flew it only a few times more before putting it up. No bad landings or software upgrades or anything since they repaired it.
DJI never listed 1.11.30 on their website, but their reps have given it out on a case by case basis as you can see here: Firmware v1.11.30 for ESC error??

Sadly, DJI customer service reps often don't know about it and sometimes even deny that it exists at the same time that other DJI reps give it out to people.

Some who were given the tweaked FW by DJI directly made it available via a download link both on this forum and also the DJI forum. The link has been posted several times in fact. I archived a copy of 1.11.30 in case I ever needed it in the future, though I don't expect to ever update beyond the older FW versions I use currently.

These second hand 1.11.30 FW files may be legit, but since I didn't get them directly from DJI I wont be personally sharing them here. You can easily find links in a search of this forum (and others) to download a copy of 1.11.30. The most popular one here seems to be through MediaFire.

Keep in mind that it's a risk to both use it from an unofficial source and also to use it if it will mask a more serious issue with your AC.

See if this post leads you in the right direction and helps with your decision:

Reactions: JoBe

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj