Strong wireless interference

Reaction score
hi all. New here. I'm constantly getting this message, "strong wireless interference" from my controller whether the quad is turned on or off. I do have a wireless system in my home but I can't shut that down without taking my computers off the web.

How dangerous is this? I do have a "fly with caution" tagged onto that too.

Thanks for your help in this matter.

Russ

The RC seems to be pretty sensitive to interference since I get this warning most of the time when I'm flying around homes, in town etc. I just fly carefully like I always do and it's never been a problem. BTW, "Fly with caution" seems to be redundant don't you think? One hopes that all drone pilots would fly with caution at all times....

Anywhooo....

Well, I fly a Phantom 4 without any problems or warnings! I have an internet business I run from my ham shack. I have a 119 foot tower with three 2.4 GHz sector antennas that transmit the signal in all directions and a 5.8 GHz dish array this gets the internet signal from my supplier. That said, I have done tower inspections by flying my Phantom up close and all around the antennas making video to check for any mechanical problems. The drone goes directly into the beam path and has not displayed any issues.

I
Would find it hard to believe that a low power in house router could cause interference on DJI's frequency hopping spread spectrum radios. Perhaps the interference message is caused by something else other than 2.4 GHz wifi.
Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF
Mudcreek Wireless LLC

Reactions: FT in Japan
Just for grins try setting to fixed channel 20 and see if that helps.

I was getting this warning constantly yesterday and I was on top of a rock away from any towers or electrical items (unless trees cause radio interference :p ). It's hard to take DJI's warnings seriously when they don't make any sense.

I get the same warning sometimes. I live way out in the country. I just ignore it.

Does DJI monitor this site? Would love for them to comment on this topic. I get that same message all the time around my house. I have 2.4 and 5.8 Wi-Fi and it's pretty strong even out in the back yard when I fly. I fly my P4 anyway and have never had a problem with controller/aircraft interference.

My P4 has just been updated to latest firmware , and is now showing this message in the same places I've been flying for months withouy any warnings. In my case it's the firmware or the Go 4.1.10 update.

Well, I calibrated the Controller this AM . I flew 50 mins with absolutely no problems, and the Wireless warnings have completely cleared.

I Get that warning with an Andriod but not with an I phone with andriod also seems to fly with a twitch every once in a while phantom4 btw

I today was the first time I have ever seen that warning, I did notice my aircraft loosing reception from the drone, so I decided to use carefully, up until I TOTALLY LOST CONNECTION! I knew the drone was around, there’s a lot of trees where I live, so I rushed to my car, drove around the area, I spotted but it was not connecting anymore.

I had before hit the return to home but it said command timed out, that’s when I panicked and drone to it.

At one point I saw it, then disappeared. I was in shock, I was thinking, unbelievable, it actually happened to me, I lost my drone! I couldn’t believe it was happening to me.

So I had seen on screen the last position, decided to come home, get my cellphone to then go that area which seemed to be either in the Wild or someone’s backyard.

On my drive back home I was praying, “I hope the return to Home works this time. I never neede you before please work this time or I will have a heat attack.

As I pull in, THERE IT WAS, on the driveway, so close to the house! I grabbed it, kissed , hugged, and said WTF controller.

I decided then do all possible updates possible to see if that would fix, well, all done but warning still shows.

Nothing has changed around my neighborhood, so I don’t know why is this sign showing.

I could’ve been a coincidence, the fact it lost connection the day the warning appeared, well, no idea, I will continue doing my research to see what’s happening.

Well, I fly a Phantom 4 without any problems or warnings! I have an internet business I run from my ham shack. I have a 119 foot tower with three 2.4 GHz sector antennas that transmit the signal in all directions and a 5.8 GHz dish array this gets the internet signal from my supplier. That said, I have done tower inspections by flying my Phantom up close and all around the antennas making video to check for any mechanical problems. The drone goes directly into the beam path and has not displayed any issues.

I
Would find it hard to believe that a low power in house router could cause interference on DJI's frequency hopping spread spectrum radios. Perhaps the interference message is caused by something else other than 2.4 GHz wifi.
Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF
Mudcreek Wireless LLC

You are an android user right?

That sound great, can you explain pls what you mean be calibrating the controller?
In the Go ap (latest), from the menu you get at warm up, - controller - calibrate and follow the directions. I'm pretty sure that's right but if you can't find it let me know and I'll swich the controller on to check.

And clear warnings from "warnings list",I do all the time ,I get wind warnings aswell when there no wind,might be glitch in fw or just previous warning notifications that's why I clear them,

The wind warnings I get are always when the phantom is at a good height, so never quite sure whether they are genuine, and indeed, what the threshold is?
Anyway, they seem to be less sinister than wireless interference!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl