Stress fractures

Reaction score
I don't want this to turn in to a you don't need prop guards or you like them. I've heard some say they are going to super glue the cracks they have found. What if you installed the quick disconnect prop guards and didn't use the prop guards themselves just the base. Seems like that would strengthen outer shell? Maybe not

Can someone provide a picture of what this prop guard looks like when installed? I don't think it will be able to make the structure rigid like glueing the seams... IMO, this is the main issue, not enough rigidity.

I would if I knew how. When you remove the factory screws you place the base of the quick disconnect on the bird and the new base actually sits in the intentions. Then you screw in the new longer screws. You tube shows it. I don't have a clue how to post pictures. Maybe someone else can chime in. I'm new to this sport but I do weld a lot and it seems like it might work

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1435889255.566812.jpg

Reactions: silverstoned83
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1435895122.264409.jpg

Here's mine, this style doesn't look like it's going to add straight. I think the best way would be to use a small white zip tie at the two inner screws (not the motor screws) that should stop the two half a of the shell from flexing and causing cracks. Mine right now looks fine with over 60 flights but I think would be a good precaution and I will be doing that within the next few days.

I doubt zip ties will do much, they don't help distribute the forces like the glueing method. I would try tape before zip ties.

I've gotta better option. Use these from Atlanta hobby and manufactured by After Dark. They don't require removing screws and can go on/off quickly. They work with standard DJI prop guards.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1435900650.667885.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31