Stress crack repair?

Reaction score
Was unaware of how common this issue was until I started digging around. Wow, dji needs to beef up these frames.
My p4p was bought in May. No crashes, no rough landings. Never dropped. Went to go up yesterday and found a crack.
Question, can you patch these with super glue and baking soda? Or is there a better method? Or is this not repairable and I need to send it in?

b80f7fe8f3113ff695531dbd6aa3198e.jpg
be451ebc4e0c0b46ebf8ba052341dcf7.jpg
5317f55f736d7d3ec28e7ff4a7fb73e5.jpg

Was unaware of how common this issue was until I started digging around. Wow, dji needs to beef up these frames.
My p4p was bought in May. No crashes, no rough landings. Never dropped. Went to go up yesterday and found a crack.
Question, can you patch these with super glue and baking soda? Or is there a better method? Or is this not repairable and I need to send it in?

I haven’t encountered this yet, but I’d assume there’s a quick easy fix.

I have done the superglue and baking powder fix with great success.. Check youtube for the right superglue. It must contain a certain chemical that isn't in all glues.

I would think the baking soda and some quick drying Super Glue, either ( methyl-cyanoacrylate or ethyl-cyanoacrylate would be the least evasive application.
Provides a very strong bond which can ultimately be sanded to a nice smooth surface with little effort. Simply build up the fracture area by placing a small amount of baking soda over top the crack, then add a SMALL amount of glue just enough to fully wet the baking soda. The result will be a crystallized compound ready for sanding. :)

Last edited:
Sucks man i will give u some advice tho..if u get a new shell or replacement i found that those screws right above vents were a tad tight from factory.... and with the vibrating the motors being right there I can see how this crack happens right along the vent so what I did was loosen screw not even a quarter turn and have had no cracking problem since.... it's just like when the mavic pro has had the little tiny screws that were too tight on the gimbal assembly some of the them were cracking.... so the solution was to loosen a tad.... and when I say to loosen I mean a quarter-turn if that.

Last edited:
On further inspection I found another hairline crack at another vent. Then found another place where the frame chiped on the edge of the battery compartment. Ridiculous. I used super glue and baking soda on the arms but will have to be extremely careful with a fix on the spot by the battery compartment.
c88e9354eee8b03b746fba9b9a5a931b.jpg
affc9efc81380945d34df20912ff5bb3.jpg
4ea1f66fb3914b733a549d79bdfb5452.jpg

Last edited:
I haven’t encountered this yet, but I’d assume there’s a quick easy fix.
DJI needs to do something about this BS. We pay good money for our drones just to have them stress crack for no reason. I have the p4p, no cracks yet but my p3s developed them fairly quickly. Still flies good cuz they are small cracks. But for how long?

Sucks man i will give u some advice tho..if u get a new shell or replacement i found that those screws right above vents were a tad tight from factory.... and with the vibrating the motors being right there I can see how this crack happens right along the vent so what I did was loosen screw not even a quarter turn and have had no cracking problem since.... it's just like when the mavic pro has had the little tiny screws that were too tight on the gimbal assembly some of the them were cracking.... so the solution was to loosen a tad.... and when I say to loosen I mean a quarter-turn if that.
Makes good sense.
Will check the mounting/assembly screws on my P4P+ and Mavic Pro.

i had some significant cracks on my P4P Advanced when a stupid light pole jumped out in the way during my practice (LOL). I used 4707 ABS glue from IPS corp in Compton, CA and it worked very well. www.weldon.com It is fast curing, milky white, heavy bonded glue. Very strong and not very noticeable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers