Strange "static" noise coming from gimbal

Reaction score
I left the plastic gimbal lock on by mistake and powered up my Vision+. I heard it crunching away for about 15 seconds before I realized what I did, powered off and then removed the lock.

Now I hear this faint "static" noise coming from the gimbal when the Vision is powered on. I'm not sure if I heard this noise when I got my new Vision+ a couple days ago, so now I'm concerned I damaged my gimbal :|

However, I'm getting full range of camera tilt using the Vision app. I pitch and roll the Phantom and the gimbal tracks like it's supposed to. I'm just perplexed by that static noise.

What y'all think?

Codacious said:
Mine does that sometimes, I've never left the plastic lock on it. I haven't had any problems or anything either. The only time I have noticed it was when I was in the house and was hooking it up to the computer. It could be making the same sound outside but I just don't notice.

OK cool.

I could swear I didnt hear that noise when I unboxed the Vision+ and powered it on the first couple times, but maybe it's been there all along. I wish DJI would make mention that this noise is normal in the User Manual. Probably causes a lot of anxiety in new Phantom owners!

:shock:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl