Strange (and scary) go home behavior

Reaction score
Tonight I took my PS3 out for my first night flight. Everything was going pretty good. I realized the battery was getting low so I told to come home. At first I didn't think it was moving. Then I looked at my phone and realized it was rising. The drone was at 400 ft when I hit go home. I rose to almost 1000 ft. Then when it was coming home it went right past me. When it started saying "landing" i started to panic. I took control back and brought her in manually. My question is... is this somehow normal? I was using the DJIgo app.

Please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here so we can review your flight data.

You'll know which log is the correct log after you upload them and view them on the map.

Attachments

• IMG_8849.PNG
    IMG_8849.PNG
    5.5 MB · Views: 487
That flight tops out at 393 feet and has no RTH

What height is RTH set for?
There has always been a glitch in the app so that your RTH height is in metres even if everything else is showing in feet.

That flight tops out at 393 feet and has no RTH

What height is RTH set for?
There has always been a glitch in the app so that your RTH height is in metres even if everything else is showing in feet.

I posted the wrong trip by accident. The correct one follow. I think I have it set for 500. I assumed it was feet because that is what everything else is.

Phantom Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

I posted the wrong trip by accident. The correct one follow. I think I have it set for 500. I assumed it was feet because that is what everything else is.
If you have 500, that will be metres (1640 ft) which will explain the issue.
It's a strange glitch that DJI have never fixed but you'll probably remember it now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers