Stranded Crash On Business Building (No permission to access property)

On Tuesday, August 30th, I ended up losing signal with a return to home altitude that was too low and caused my drone to crash on a building (160 ft high). I met a security guard who was cool enough to go out of his way to check the roof where he is not allowed to be and has confirmed the drone is on a ledge which is difficult to access (need a ladder etc) but would not provide me with the picture he took to prevent losing his job.

The property management is very rude and unhelpful. They said they have looked all over the roof and did not find it. I was told if I come on property for it I will be trespassed/arrested.

I have not let them know that it has now been confirmed to be on the roof and do not want to jeopardize the guard for helping.

I thought of a few possible options:

A) Try to get them to cooperate and tell them I have GPS location confirming it's on the specific corner of the roof.

B) Photoshop drone into aerial image and tell them I have a photo of it (lol).

C) ???

This property deals directly with local police and provide offices for large clients like Fedex - They will probably get their way with things since I'm a small fish.

I'm looking for any recommendations and/or any rights I have to get my drone back. It's exposed to the weather and probably not feeling too well right now.

Thank you for any input/suggestions you provide!
I.had the same happen once. If you know someone else with a drone, i had 2, take a picture of your done with the 2nd one and offfer proof or if your adventureous attach a hook on a rope from the landing supports and snag your stuck drone with the 2nd drone. One phantom can easily hold another. Good luck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues