Stops recording on its own

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I updated my Phantom 4 Pro and controller along with the APP. On the shoot last week I noticed that once I switched the AC battery it began falling out of record off and on. I managed to work through the problem to finish my shoot but I ended up with at least a half-dozen clips that were only a few seconds long.

I had a shoot yesterday and the same thing happened. It's embarrassing to say the least when the client is standing next to you and hears you say "Oops!"

Has anyone else had this issue?

A couple of weeks ago I updated my Phantom 4 Pro and controller along with the APP. On the shoot last week I noticed that once I switched the AC battery it began falling out of record off and on. I managed to work through the problem to finish my shoot but I ended up with at least a half-dozen clips that were only a few seconds long.

I had a shoot yesterday and the same thing happened. It's embarrassing to say the least when the client is standing next to you and hears you say "Oops!"

Has anyone else had this issue?

Could the SD card be failing ?

Reactions: 3rdof5
My initial thoughts would it could be related to your memory card. a few thoughts. Check to make sure it's got a fast enough memory card to handle the video. Are you shooting in 4K? Take the card out and make sure the port is clean of any debris. Do you notice anything "off" in the recordings? Really investigate the memory card as the problem. If it persists try to uninstall and reinstall the app. Good luck.

My initial thoughts would it could be related to your memory card. a few thoughts. Check to make sure it's got a fast enough memory card to handle the video. Are you shooting in 4K? Take the card out and make sure the port is clean of any debris. Do you notice anything "off" in the recordings? Really investigate the memory card as the problem. If it persists try to uninstall and reinstall the app. Good luck.
The record button on screen activates as recording then the record icon goes away and I'm left with the still camera icon. If i don't stop the record icon will re-appear but it's not recording. To record again, I have to click "stop recording" using the record icon, wait a few swconds and then retry the recording, where it may or may not record for more than 2 seconds.
It is true that I'm using the same card in both cases. Oddly, in both cases, this happened after the change in batteries.

Also, concerning the card...I believe in both cases, I didn't format the card. Instead, I deleted the previous file with my iMac before going on both shoots. But it's still odd that recording was fine until I changed the AC's battery.

Hmmmmm. Still not sure that would have anything to do with it. Have you done a recent firmware upgrade? Could it be something buggy going on?

Yes. I did an update just prior to the first shoot. My Go 4 APP automatically updated on my iPad and I updated the AC and controller. App is ver 4.3.12. 1.05.0600 is the AC version and 01.04.01.00 is the controller version.

Last edited:
I went ahead and downloaded all footage from the card and then formatted the card in the aircraft using the GO 4 APP and have recorded several 20, 30 and 60 sec files while the AC sits on my desk. I've swapped batteries and recorded some more. I cannot make the recording act as it did yesterday and last week. So far it's working as it should. But I'm going to keep messing with it to be sure. I may eve delete the files using my iMac to see if that generates the problem.

Reactions: JoBe
Yes. I did an update just prior to the first shoot. My Go 4 APP automatically updated on my iPad and I updated the AC and controller. App is ver 4.3.12. 1.05.0600 is the AC version and 01.04.01.00 is the controller version.
I went ahead and downloaded all footage from the card and then formatted the card in the aircraft using the GO 4 APP and have recorded several 20, 30 and 60 sec files while the AC sits on my desk. I've swapped batteries and recorded some more. I cannot make the recording act as it did yesterday and last week. So far it's working as it should. But I'm going to keep messing with it to be sure. I may eve delete the files using my iMac to see if that generates the problem.
maybe you fixed it but i have seen strange things with batterys too. i have them numbered and my number 2 seems to be a pita when 1 and 3 are not.
one thing is to not update if you need your drone soon after. wait until you dont need it.

So far with several tests...after formatting the card, I've had NO malfunctions recording. I'm going to continue testing and swapping batteries.

IF you can......"Its always best to keep fingers off the thinly gold plated cards tiny contacts".....a small amount of oil off your fingers on them tiny small contacts can sure screw things UP...and make you wonder for days ......whats going on with the recording ! Good Luck in the future and *happy Flights* to you.

Ever have a flashlight go dim then shake it and it go's Bright.....that's dirty oily contacts on the ends of the batteries making a high resistance connection !
same thing can happen in a airborne drone with the vibes them four props are spewing out !

I had a similar problem while using Auto Record. My video recording would stop and restart several times just after launch but after maybe 30 seconds into the flight it would stabilize and continue without further problems. I switched to Manual Record and the problem stopped. I'll recheck the ideas listed above and retry on my V 2.0.

Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

Hey Bob......are you back in business now...is ever thing OK ? we need to hear from you when and IF it is..........Thanks

I had a similar experience with my P4A+ after I had deleted files from the SD card in the computer. The problem was cured after I formatted the card in the aircraft.

Hey Bob......are you back in business now...is ever thing OK ? we need to hear from you when and IF it is..........Thanks
I haven't actually launched with props but I have recorded a lot of takes with the newly formatted card and have had no glitches since doing so. I think I'll do some more this morning to see if that still holds.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl