Media Recording Issue

Reaction score
I've searched online but can't seem to figure out why my P4P+ gets this message during flights while recording. It not only shows up on the monitor, but will actually record into the footage. So say I'm recording a straight moving shot, flying toward a building, every now and again during that shot this "Media Offline" message will pop up. It doesn't always do it, but it does it enough to where it's ruined a couple of my best shots. It only lasts for a second or so, but that's enough to ruin it.

I've had this issue with my old P4, my P4P after that and now my P4P+. I'm using both 64GB and 128GB SanDisk Extreme PLUS UHS-I U3 A1 SDXC I V30 cards.

As a professional video producer, this is killing me. I wrapped up a shoot in Mongolia recently and had some incredible shots of camels and gazelles that got the Media Offline message of death on them. I have a project I'm shooting tomorrow and would love to find a solution before then. Thanks!

full

I would definitely try another card. Phantomhelp.com has a list, and yours may be on that list, but I'd still try another card before I sent it back. I had one card that worked sporadically depending on how roughly I installed it.

So I have used multiple cards and they've all done it. Perhaps I'm not formatting it correctly. I'm putting it into my P4P and am selecting to format it with the controller. Is there a better way? Loonie01 mentioned a deep format. How do I go about that?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl